Thread: 5 D-men for tonite....

Default 5 D-men for tonite....

per Nick's blog at heraldnet.com

Crisis on D

Posted at 4:25 pm by Nick Patterson

The Tips have problems.

Everett already knew it was going to be without defensemen Taylor Ellington (foot) and Mike Alexander (shoulder) for three or four more weeks because of injuries. However, today the Tips learned they'd also be without Graham Potuer going into tomorrow's game at Spokane. Potuer has flu-like symptoms, which means Everett will try to end its four-game losing streak playing on the road against the top team in the league while missing three of their top five d-men.

This leaves Everett with just two veteran defensemen, so Dane Crowley and Jonathan Harty are in for a long night tomorrow, and it's coming-of-age time for Tyler Kieffer, Chris de la Lande and Jeff Regier. Also, center Zack Dailey can be expected to see some time filling in on defense. Dailey has filled in on the blue line in a pinch before.

On a little better note for Everett on the injury front, center Vitaly (the team's spelling his first name with a "y" instead of an "i" now) Karamnov practiced today, so he's nearly ready to return from his shoulder injury. Karamnov probably won't play tomorrow, but should be ready by the weekend, when the Tips play three in three.

One other note. the team left for Spokane immediately following practice today. Given the Tips' road troubles on their recent trip to Keowna, it's understandable that they're taking no chances in the pass.

I would just like to say GO SILVERTIPS! Not usually do i root for you but help us out and win one! Not to mention a little pay back for the punch Bruton landed on Beach! Keep the winning ways against the Chiefs going!

Default Uphill battle

I think we are in trouble tonight. I don't think we're going to provide oyu much help. We've lost 4 in a row. We're travelling across the mountain (granted we left yesterday, but still). We've only got 2 "legitimate" D-men playing in this game, Beach hasn't looked great since he came back, Vitaly will be out again....I'm thinking 5-2 loss tonight.

[QUOTE=Tipped Off]I think we are in trouble tonight. I don't think we're going to provide oyu much help. We've lost 4 in a row. We're travelling across the mountain (granted we left yesterday, but still). We've only got 2 "legitimate" D-men playing in this game, Beach hasn't looked great since he came back, Vitaly will be out again....I'm thinking 5-2 loss tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and he had to enjoy the front row seat watching Bruton go forehand to backand and stick it in the back of the net ... for sure you guys missed your D-men ... but we appreciated the win and more importantaly we are still 2pts ahead of Tri!

Default Well....

...I had the margin right! I said 5-2, it was 4-1. I think the Tips could be on a serious slide. We'll see how our games at home with PG go Friday and Saturday. If the Tips don't get 4 points out of those two games I thnk the Tips will need to watch out for the two teams behind them in the standings. They are 6 ahead of Kamloops but only 7 ahead of the Bruins and they have 3 games in hand. If they just get 4 out of 6 points there, they are 3 points down....all though 13 of their last 19 games are on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    ...I had the margin right! I said 5-2, it was 4-1. I think the Tips could be on a serious slide. We'll see how our games at home with PG go Friday and Saturday. If the Tips don't get 4 points out of those two games I thnk the Tips will need to watch out for the two teams behind them in the standings. They are 6 ahead of Kamloops but only 7 ahead of the Bruins and they have 3 games in hand. If they just get 4 out of 6 points there, they are 3 points down....all though 13 of their last 19 games are on the road.

once you get your D-man back you will be rolling once again ... FWIW, I never saw anyone lay in front of a puck last night ... either the chiefs were faking and pulling back and going around, or the D-men who played last night were not wanting to pay the price (understandable if you are 3 good d-men down) ... also, I'm pretty sure you scored 2 goals last night ... the goal judge came on with the light and the ref waved if off ... but they NEVER put the replay up on the big screen ... alas, when you have a loosing streak, just remember it could be worse, you could be portland

I didn't think the 'Tips played all that bad last night...Tokarski was DEFININTELY on his game - he played extremely well for us. The Tips still blocked a few shots...alot of them were being tipped and deflected and still making it on goal though.

Mike Alexander was missed for sure for you guys...he lays it out everytime he's on the ice and blocks anything that will even be close to him.