Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Battle In The East Division

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK
    10 days ago I would have bet the farm on Regina winning the East and finishing second behind Calgary. Now we are ahead of them and have games in hand. (The East gets second seed in first round only) Anyone know if there is some internal problem with the chemistry or what? Also Swift is the hottest team. Do they have a realistic chance at first in the East?

All the so called experts are giving the Hitmen first pretty much hands down. We however have 2 games in hand and play them twice more also. Win those four and we are only """"1 point back""""". We are 3-1 vs them this year and match up well so the 2 games with them are very realisitcally within our reach.

Who in the Central do you guys fear the most? Even though Regina has slid, they beat us 2-1 after the trades and looked great so I don't want to meet them. Big and tuff.
    The pats need to learn to play with the same intensity no matter what team they play. They need to play saskatoon and red deer the same way they play against calgary or Brandon. In those 3 games, the pats got into early penalty trouble and then could not rebound back. They eased off the other team on the physicality, which is our game. We need to learn to battle through the officiating, if its bad or not, and we gotta stick to our game.

No chemistry problems or anything, though some players arent pulling their weight as much as they should. Guys like Depape and Kraus need to step up a bit. I think that we can rebound back tonight against MJ (if we actually play them, i hear there is a huge blizzard and it mgiht be cancelled). The home and home series is huge for both teams, and we need to win at least one of them, if not both to stay in the race for the pennant.

As for the central, most might laugh when I say this, but out of all the central teams, the one that scares me the most is Kootenay. Calgary has exceptional size and defence, and Lethbridge has above average in just about everything, but if Kootenay plays 60 minutes, they can be really dangerous. They got better goaltending than CAL and LETH, a very skilled group of D, along with the most dangerous offence in the league. The fact that Maxwell is back will not only motivate the teammates more, but will make their offence more dangerous, especially their PP.

Default theres no battle..

Pats will take the division by 5 points in the end over the Jaw

Ya then you woke up

Default Playoffs

As a Broncos fan the Pats give us little worry unless they stop calling penalties in the playoffs. We match up very well with the Pats in my mind, they couldn't skate with us in their wildest dreams.

I am most fearful of the Hitmen, we have not played them well but are certainly a better club now than we were then.

A match-up with the Tigers would be fun, great crowds, and lots of speed. I think we can skate with them but we are bigger and stronger and could wear them down with our forecheck.

Default Everyone...

makes it sound like the Pats are the slowest team ever assembled. They can skate when they want to and when the playoffs roll around and they are focused and skating and hitting not many teams stand a chance. If they would stop calling stronger players for pushing over smaller weaker players which they will in the playoffs the Pats should have no problem. Teams turn into the Ribiero special when they come to regina and are diving and laying on the ice all game b/c they know the refs hate the Pats and Parker

Default speed is in th eye of the beholder

Awe come on man, when the only fans who think your team can skate are your own, don't ya think ya might not be that swift.

No one said your the slowest ever assembled but you certainly can't skate with many of the contenders. Take Teubert for example he couldn't keep up with our third line let alone out first.

If we play ya in the playoffs I'll have the rink attendants windex the glass in visitors penalty box so he has a clear view of what real team speed looks like!

pats are overrated end of story, their slow and stole 2 pts from us tonight. our goalie killed us, we out shot , out hit and out played regina hands down... but i guess tommorrow night will be another game but i agree here the pats are not i repeat not a superteam, watt is a idoit and will haunt you guys all playoffs long... any team with a coach with a brain will target that loose cannon and he will sit all night long in the box.. hes a joke.. nice goal by eberle though wow.. damn perricone what a sieve tonight, he buried us and the team gets them back and take the lead and he blows it on a weak goal in the end and was a sieve in the shootout, i have no convidence in him right now we are screwed,.....

i like to comment on the comment made about big men pushing around lil men... what big men are you tlaking about >?lol all the pats look the same size and look like crazed lunatics.. again kraus was invisible , watt didnt do nothing but sit in the box and your soo called best defense gave up over 40 shots.. nice cup contender....

Default I missed the game!

Its too bad, because apparently, this would be the only game the pats have played the warriors, and Perricone has not been amazing. A rarity in its own, being that he usually saves his best for the pats.

I hate shootout wins, and tis unfortunate that is the way it goes. But dont act like the pats fluked their way to the W. Perhaps in the majority of the game we were outplayed, but it ended up a tie in the end, and we made our shots count. So we must have made it interesting at the very least, because its very unlikely all three goals were entirely perricone's fault. That, and all the powerplays you got must have had an impact on your shot count, so it looks like our PK did their job tonight, or our "overrated defence"

You say that Kraus was invisible once again, yet he got the 3rd star. He usually isnt a flashy guy, but he does alot of the little things right. He is the kind of guy you are usually surprised to see that he got 2 or 3 assists, being that he is always the setup guy. He could stand to shoot more, and was on fire a little while back when he did. A huge reason we had that long unbeaten streak was Kraus. Though I wont deny he isnt always very hard working.

He should hussle more, but he is still one of the smarter players on the team, and one of the best passers in the league. And Watt, well he plays his game well, and can be a good agitator. Underrated skills as well. He has kept it clean so far as a pat, and concentrated on a clean power forward game. Hasnt been the loose cannon that he has been in the past. Im sure he did his part tonight against you guys.

Im not missing the game tommorrow, since the warriors will probably be looking for revenge. Should be a good game. Like to see Watt and Mclaren drop them, even if the odds are against Watt, I would like to see them go, being that they are both tough mofos.

How was the weather in moose jaw tonight? I thought that the game was going to be cancelled. It was pretty cold here. Better not be this way tommorrow.

and waht is up with all the slow comments about the pats? We arent THAT slow. Sure, the tiny teams like the tigers and broncos are generally faster, but we are somehow making just as much noise, if not more than those teams. The pats arent as fast, but their physicality can tire out teams and then they become the faster of the two teams. We showed that against Vancouver, Brandon, AND swifty in those first few games we had agaisnt them around the deadline.

Right now, its all speculation, so we will have to wait to see how the pats do in the playoffs. I think Regina is long overdue for a contending playoff team, and I hope I can finally witness the world beyond the first round for the first time ever(missed last year, as some know). The odds say we should have some success, so Im getting excited about that.