Thread: Swift Current 3 @ Red Deer 0 FINAL

Default Swift Current 3 @ Red Deer 0 FINAL

Tonight's game was a a treat. The Broncos played a solid all-around game, knocked off the Rebels 3-0, and mark Guggenberger got his third shutout in four starts with this club to help Swift Current win their ninth straight game.

The Broncos owned the puck for most of the game...Swift Current controlled the flow. Our forwards were there in a big way all game long...Dale Weise was solid with two assists, Smitty picked up two assists, and the goals came from three different guys. The goal that put Red Deer away happened in the third period...Brad Hoban should be mentioned for scoring that one..it was a pretty one scored on a bang-bang play. Defensively, the guys were solid as well....Eric Doyle and Derek Claffey played well as did Bretton Stamler along with Erik Felde in his defensive role. How about Guggenberger...with his third shutout in four starts for the Broncos? This kid has been fantastic...what a pick-up. He plays totally relaxed and always seems to be ready. The bottom line? The Broncos beat another bottom-dwelling team, but got up for the game and focused on what's important...coming out hard regardless of your opponent for their ninth straight victory.

The Rebels were a bit flat....at times they did a great job tightening the game up in their favour, but didn't work as hard as last night versus Calgary. They looked a tad overwhelmed, especially on their 5 on 3 chance in the third.

Tomorrow should be a great measuring stick for our hockey club. You can bet that Calgary will come out guns-a-blazin' after a bad loss here in Red Deer Friday night. The Broncos are doing a lot of things right at this time...tomorrow's matchup should be a doozy. Confidence is high....

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

NOTES

-with Wilson, McAvoy, Dudas, and Dalecky out of the line-up, the Broncos are still finding a way. This team is deep.

-having said all that, it was not pretty to see Dale Weise leave the game favouring his upper arm or shoulder after a hit late in the third. Let's hope Dale is back tomorrow.

-the Broncos tonight matched the longest winning streak in the league this season with their ninth straight. This feat was achieved by the Spokane Chiefs earlier this season. Can they break it tomorrow?

-I'm having a lot of fun in Red Deer...as usual. Today featured some shopping with friends...I'm not exactly a shopper but someone basically did it for me, so it was OK. Put it this way: It's EASILY worth the six hour drive every time I'm here. I love this place and the friends I have here.

-tomorrow will be busy...we leave for Calgary just after lunch, and then it's the drive home after the game. The forecast looks good, so hopefully driving conditions will follow suite!

Have a great Sunday!!

Ern
    Last edited by Big Ern; 02-10-2008 at 01:19 AM.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

bryyan Guest

o yes, the mighty Rebels, id donate a kidney to have your wimpy schedule youve had last 2 weeks,your wake up call is tomorrow.

Default ah yes

Wicked post! Now who was it we played back on the 26th of Jan? Hmmmmm maybe you can help me out there brains.

Quote Originally Posted by bryyan
    o yes, the mighty Rebels, id donate a kidney to have your wimpy schedule youve had last 2 weeks,your wake up call is tomorrow.
    the mighty Rebels, that's that team you lost to a week ago, and the mighty Blades the night before.
    Always Remembered

Default also

Werent 3 of your last 5 games against Red Deer and Saskatoon? And you lost 2 of them! hahahaha. Next time actually read the post before you hit submit and save yourself the embarrassment.

Default damn

beat me to it Flathead.

I hope Weise is able to play tomorrow, keep us posted Ern, if ya will. Missing Dudas,Wilson, McAvoy and Dalecky already is a big loss.
    Always Remembered

3/4 games agree.

Guggenberger = SO win

well done .... and way to shut up bryyan, that guy is just out for trouble.. everything he says