Thread: Always the Pessimist

Default Always the Pessimist

Ok, it's a bad habit. I am a pessimist. The first step to recovery is admitting it, right? Well, I just can't help it. Here is my latest recesssion into pessemism.....

The Tips swept the Cougars the last two days. Whoopee....who doesn't? As far as I can tell, over the Tips last 11 games they've managed 6 wins and 5 losses. The problem is, they've only beaten one team with a decent record (Spoke). The other five wins are against two of the worst teams in the Western Conference (PG and Portland).

In other words, the Tips can beat the bad/rebuilding teams, but can't beat anyone worth a grain a salt (recently). In fact, when they played Spoke, Vancouver and Kelowna they lost by a combined 14-4.

That being said, this is the ultimate Jekyll & Hyde team....The Tips have 6 strings of 3 wins in a row this year while losing 3 or more in a row 4 times.

Last 6 Wins:

2/9 - PG @ Evt
    2/8 - PG @ Evt
    1/24 - Evt @ PG
    1/23 - Evt @ PG
    1/19 - Spoke @ Evt
    1/18 - Port @ Evt

Last 5 Losses:
    2/6 - Evt @ Spoke (1-4)
    2/2 - Van. @ Evt (5 - 2)
    1/30 - Evt @ Kelowna (1 -5)
    1/29 - PA @ Evt (2-1)
    1/26 - Evt @ Sea (3 -4)

In addition, while the Tips have some good wins on the season (5 against TC & 3 against Spokane) the combined record of all the teams they've beat is 788-823-48-84 while the record of the teams they've lost to is 830-511-67-89....furthuring the point that they have a hard time hanging with the better teams...depsite their inter-division success against TC and Spoke.
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 02-10-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Default the tips vs tc

every game i've seen the tips beat tri this year was not so much everett beating us, it was that damn #12. if we could figure out how to shut down beach we'd have 3 of those loses to you guys back. that being said i'm sure alot of team would have some games against everett won if it weren't for beach.

Tipped Off
    Ok, it's a bad habit. I am a pessimist. The first step to recovery is admitting it, right? Well, I just can't help it. Here is my latest recesssion into pessemism.....

The Tips swept the Cougars the last two days. Whoopee....who doesn't?

Ouch, somebody help stop the bleeding.
    For What It's Worth

Default well...

...next year or maybe the year after you'll probably be able to say that about the rebuilding Tips. Every team goes through it. If the Tips brass can keep this team at .500 or better over the NEXT two seasons, I'll be impressed. I don't care if they have Portland's record though, I'll always have my season tickets as long as the team is in Everett and I live nearby...which is key because there is a little talk around my house of us crossing the mountain and living in/around Spokane.

you guys were doing a lot better (before the Jan. 16 game in Spokane).
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 02-12-2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: We're not going there again. That thread was locked for a reason.

Default Actually

The Tips are 7-5 since that game in Spokane (including 4 in a row immediately after). Pretty much the same win % as they've had all year.

why was that thread "locked for a reason" (did I miss that thread) ... seriously, you guys were a lot better team until (that Spokane game).
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 02-12-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Like I said previously, we are not re-visiting that issue.