Thread: Fast gets player of the week

Default Fast gets player of the week

Created: Feb 11, 2008

CALGARY, AB. - The BOSTON PIZZA WHL Player of the Week is defenseman T.J. Fast of the Tri City Americans.

Fast picked up 7 points, scoring three goals and four assists to go with a +5 rating in four games over the last week, helping the Americans post a 4-0 record in that span.

On Tuesday, February 5th, the Americans travelled to Chilliwack to face the Bruins at Prospera Centre. Fast notched two goals in the Americans 5-4 shoot-out win over the Bruins. He was also named the games 1st Star.

On Friday, February 8th, the Americans rolled into the Memorial Coliseum in Portland to take on U.S. Division rivals the Winter Hawks. Fast’s solid defensive prowess helped lead his Americans to a 5-2 win over the Winter Hawks.

The following evening, Saturday, February 9th, the Americans were in Spokane taking on the Chiefs. Fast scored one goal and one assist as the Americans downed the Chiefs convincing, 7-2. He was also named the games 3rd Star.

On Sunday, February 10th, the Americans were back at the Toyota Centre in Kennwick, Washington hosting the Portland Winter Hawks. Fast picked up three assists as the Americans defeated the Winter Hawks, 7-2. The win was the Americans seventh in a row and are now sitting in top spot of the WHL Western Conference.

Fast, a 20 year old from Calgary, Alberta, is in his second season with the Tri City Americans. At the 2005 NHL Entry Draft Fast was selected in the 2nd round – 60th overall by the Los Angeles Kings.

The WHL has also nominated Travis Yonkman of the Swift Current Broncos for the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Week Award.

he has had awesome games as far as offense and contributing go but i just want to see fast hit someone.... just once. honestly this season i can count the number of body checks fast has made on one hand. what gives?

Yea he is doing great but seriously I would like to see him more physical! Where has that been?

Congrats TJ. Well deserved.

I think Yellowhorn got a bit of the shaft though. He had 7 goals and 2 assists in the same four games, including 4 against Spokane on Saturday, but he was only a +1.

Truly it is funny that Yellow Horn hasn't had more regognition this year than he has had! He always kind of slips under the radar for some reason and I am not sure why.