Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trip to the top through Central

I could be mistaken, but I think Cervany has 4 of his 8 goals this season all against the Ice.

Also, does anyone know why Jackson has been scratched? Is he injured, or been a healthy scratch? I dont see why he should be a healthy scratch the way he has been playing.
    Last edited by Some_Arrogant_Jerk; 02-16-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk
    Also, does anyone know why Jackson has been scratched? Is he injured, or been a healthy scratch? I dont see why he should be a healthy scratch the way he has been playing.

I totally agree with u SAJ on the Jackson thing..... he has been nothing but steady for us since we have got him at trade deadline. He is way more reliable then Pym or Kulchar (put together) now with that said i am not taking anything away from Pym or Kulchar there jus isnt enough ice to give these guys right now. Nexted season they will log some good minutes each and every night. Jackson will be in our top 3 nexted season, may drop down to 4 if Pyett or Bartley return as a 20 yr old but honestly cant see either 1 of them returning as i am sure a AHL deal will be offered to both players. If not ill take either 1 of them back as a 20 yr old though.

Wow what happened with the boys tonight i turned it off after 4-0 almost turned it off at 3-0. I think Brandon sent us there bad luck from there game in Kelowna.

It is also funny though last night (friday night) Pedersen said Rowat came down with the flu bug on their trip to Cranbrook but yet after having the flu bug on thrusday and friday they put him between the pipes on saturday. The way Bosch played against Kootney i would of gave Rowat another day off of rest. A buddy of mine said that Bosch made some pretty big saves when he came in for Rowat as he watched the game on the web. Sometimes i really scratch my head at Hunt. Now with that said as well from how Roddy was talking in the 1st when Rowat got the hook it sounded like no goal was Rowat fault as the team was really flat infront of him, But that is when your goalie needs to come up big and get the boys going as well...

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114
    I totally agree with u SAJ on the Jackson thing..... he has been nothing but steady for us since we have got him at trade deadline. He is way more reliable then Pym or Kulchar (put together) now with that said i am not taking anything away from Pym or Kulchar there jus isnt enough ice to give these guys right now.
    This is just from last nights game and I am not sure if it applies to him overall but the one thing I noticed about Jackson is he seems to take a lot of risks with the puck, especially in his own end and I am not sure he has the skill to make those moves.

Although last night it seemed to me that nobody on the Pats wanted to make the simple play and were happier spending time trying to make a spectacular play or make a huge hit, I did notice some odd decisions by Jackson when he had the puck.

A buddy of mine said that Bosch made some pretty big saves when he came in for Rowat as he watched the game on the web. Sometimes i really scratch my head at Hunt. Now with that said as well from how Roddy was talking in the 1st when Rowat got the hook it sounded like no goal was Rowat fault as the team was really flat infront of him, But that is when your goalie needs to come up big and get the boys going as well...
    None of the goals were the goalies fault, although Rowat did leave some big rebounds out there. As I said earlier to me it looked like the Pats were more concerned with making a big hit/show the Canes how tough they were (Teubert especially) and were often out of position as a result. Also, Pyett seemed ready to take the breakaway feed more than covering his own man as well. (How he got a star is beyond me I thought defensively he was awful out there)

I am not sure how much of an indication this game was in regards to how the Pats normally play but to me they looked like a team that does not make smart decisions and let their emotions get way out of whack. They were bad on face-offs, rarely made the easy play, tried to make a huge hit rather than a smart defensive play, too often left their man in their own zone, made "odd" passes when a easier option was there. Too many guys trying to show how tough they were rather than actually play hockey.

Default Wrong on the playoff seeds

Hi nivek wahs. Read your article and have to point out something to you that makes the race for 2nd in the Eastern conference even more interesting for you. Your article stated the following: The winner of the division will automatically be seeded no lower than second in the Eastern Conference, thus guaranteeing home-ice advantage through the first two rounds of the playoffs.

Sorry to tell you this but you will only be guaranteed the second seed (if you win the East Division) and home ice in the first round. In the second round, all teams are seeded by "points only". If the season ended today, and the top 4 seeds all win in the first round, the Canes will get home ice against you in the second round. The following is copied directly from the WHL website.

""The Western Hockey League will be implementing a new playoff format for the 2007-08 Season. The WHL's Eastern and Western Conferences will use a Conference playoff format for the upcoming year. The first place teams in the two Divisions in each Conference will receive the top two playoff seeds based on regular season points. The next six Clubs in each Conference, based on regular season points, will receive the 3rd - 8th playoff positions. The Clubs will be paired 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, and 4 vs. 5 in a best-of-seven series.

The first place Clubs in each Division will be guaranteed the top two playoff seeds in the first round. As in previous seasons, the format for the remaining three rounds of the WHL Playoffs will remain the same. The four Clubs winning first round series in each Conference will advance to the second round, where they will be ranked in order of regular season points. The Clubs will be paired 1 vs. 4, and 2 vs. 3 in best of seven series.""
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 02-17-2008 at 02:42 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default Watt is a Psycho

What's up with J D Watt. He went wacko last night after getting slammed to the ice like a sack of wheat by our Foremost Ab. farmboy, Ben Wright. Started beating on the glass with his bare hands in the penalty box and it looked like he was gonna explode. That boy has temper management issues and seems to hurt your team way more than help it. Good thing the Canes let off the gas big time after getting up 5-0 cause the Pats lost there cool huge. Your coach has lost control of this team. You guys beat us 2-1 in a shootout first game or 2 after the trade deadline and looked great. Tuff hard knock team and I thought you really had something going. After what I saw last night your team needs to control itself a lot better cause they have talent but will lose it in the playoffs with bad penalties etc. i thought your coach was like team Canada material but the way he lost control of his players shows me he is not of that caliber. Am I right about him??

I think we expected another easy game being that we have beaten lethbridge before, and when it wasnt as easy as expected, we started to get pissed when it was too late.The arrogance of this team is starting to cost us games, and we gotta start taknig teams that are as strong of a team as we are, if not stronger... at least mentally.

I would like to see us approach every game the same, instead of trying to humor the opponent. We got a good team but we obviously still have to work on things, especially the whole ego thing.

We have not accomplished anything yet, so I dont see why we play this way. also, if we cant do things the normal way, why try it the fancy way? Theres the ego thing again.

I hope we take a different attitude in against calgary, and maintain our position in 2nd.

Iconwhl

I for 1 am not a Curtis Hunt fan never have been from day 1, I think he has alot of problems dealing with younger kids. He may do better with a team full of elite players that are actually going some where in hockey but as far as the mediocar players who really have no future in hockey he doesnt have a sniff to get the most out of them.

I for 1 know that Terry Perkins isnt really liked in the dressing room at all, players repell him alot. I am not stateing who and where I have heard this from as this is a well known site not just from a fans point of view.

I do agree though that the Pats do have a big EGO problem and that ego got alot bigger after the trade deadline. We do have the right players in tact to make a run at things when we play a team game, physical play and use our speed. But to get these kids to understand that no matter who your playing you must compete each and every night is another problem all in its own. This team needs to leave its ego's in the dressing room and play as a team for a whole 60 minutes. We did that against Kootney and it got us a 3-1 win, also against Moose Jaw and we won 5-4 and 2-1. The Pats cant get into shootouts during games as our offense isnt going to compete with most teams in the East. We are going to win the close tight checking games as we are a big, strong, physical team. Outside of Eberle our goal scoring talent really drops off, our team is build around guys mucking it up getting into the hard areas to score, were not going to out finesse a team by anymeans.

We need to get back to square 1 and compete for a 60 minute game. I am sure the boys will be ready to go come Tuesday night in Calgary. The Calgary game doesnt really concern me as much as our nexted 3 afterwards Red Deer, Prince Albert and Saskatoon we have struggled against lower non-playoff teams (yes we do got a good record against PA tho) should be interesting 3 wins against those teams should be a must but honestly i cant see it...

but GO PATS GO

Default Easy game

[QUOTE=Some_Arrogant_Jerk]I think we expected another easy game being that we have beaten lethbridge before, and when it wasnt as easy as expected, we started to get pissed when it was too late.The arrogance of this team is starting to cost us games, and we gotta start taknig teams that are as strong of a team as we are, if not stronger... at least mentally.

If they were expecting an easy game they have not been paying attention, and again the Canes don't get the respect they deserve. :burningma We are ahead of the Pats in the standings and have games in hand and just beat Calgary the night before. Not to mention we are like 14-1-0-2 since Jan 1st. I think the Pats only beat us by 1 goal each game and 2 were O/T or shootout wins.
    I think we need to do some damage in the playoffs before this team gets any respect. Not being a homer, but we have as good a chance as anyone and better than most to win the East. Then we might get some respect.We are also 4-1 against Calgary and have shut them out twice. The Hat is still our nemesis. I think theyare like 4-0-1-1 against us.
    Blowing teams out 9-0 8-1 9-4 7-0 and 7-1 in the last few weeks just ain't good enuff.
    Should be some great playoffs and I think we will met the Pats in the second round. We should finish in top 3 and the Pats will get second seed so it is about 80 -20 we will meet.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 02-18-2008 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK
    Should be some great playoffs and I think we will met the Pats in the second round. We should finish in top 3 and the Pats will get second seed so it is about 80 -20 we will meet.
    I don't think you 2 will meet in the 2nd round. Want to make a side bet on it?!
    I think Calgary's going to win the East without too much trouble, unless injuries hit them hard.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default Ok

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter
    I don't think you 2 will meet in the 2nd round. Want to make a side bet on it?!
    I think Calgary's going to win the East without too much trouble, unless injuries hit them hard.
    Your on. Who will the Canes and pats play then, or are they not gonna make the second round.