Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What....Hunt??????

dbg Guest

Default What....Hunt??????

what the heck Hunt got a kneeing major!!! thats not like him, wonder if he is under some pressure or stress and isn't himself right now!!!!! lets hope he clears it up sometime soon so he can get back to his old self and back to playing some hockey, in the near future.

They called it a tripping major in the building, thought it was more of a charge myself.. Good thing for the Chilliwack player that it didn't really connect.

I also thought it was more of a charge as well. If it was any other player on the Gmen, it wouldn't have been a major. BS call & now Garet will more than likely be suspended for I would guess a minimum of 3 games. Too bad because a Hunt-Sonne fight was a lock Wednesday.

Default It looked intentional and they changed it to kneeing

As in the first intermission they said kneeing. I figure Giants will be without him for a couple games minimum.

the first penalty he got was a tripping penalty the open-ice knee was about a quintessential knee as you can get.

I sincerely hope he was expecting the player to dodge and that's how it happened, because right now I am pretty peeved off at Garet for a very stupid, very selfish play that gained exactly zero and could have him out of the line-up for more than a game or two -- he's already on the league's radar and this will not help in the least.

Had he made that hit clean and full-on (as he could have imo) it would have been brilliant, but to hang out his knee like that .. I am very disappointed and I have sadly lost a bit of respect for Garet if this turns out to be deliberate, because he usually is not that kind of player.

and folks he fully deserved the major penalty and game for that hit and it saddens me greatly, there is no defense for what I saw.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

dbg Guest

dondo full respect for you buddy!!! first person to ever admit fualt on behave of Garret. I think alot of people were talking trash about garet on these forums because it was just amusing listening and watching all the giants fans try and defend him, when they and everyone else in the league knew he was a dirty and classless player. nice to see one of their own see his darker side!

well I was one them and I still don't think he's a dirty player, but now I have to reassess how I am currently feeling because that hit was not good. Every now and again stuff just happens but that appeared to be more or less deliberate which really makes no sense. :skeptical

I would still not say that I feel he's a dirty or classless player though --
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dbg
    it was just amusing listening and watching all the giants fans try and defend him
    And yet,he was a huge fan favourite for your beloved Chilliwack Chiefs.

dbg Guest

fan favorite???? were you ever at a chiefs game. not a fan favorite at all, he did not have the respect of any of the avid chief fans. may have been a favorite amongst the 18-22 drunken age group at the games but not the true hockey fan.

The hit Hunt put on the Chilliwack player at most was a 2 minute minor... (the hit occured right in front of where i sit)... Had the Chilliwack player not turned at the last second it would have been a huge open ice hit. Having said that the Chilliwack player turned and it became more of a knee on knee hit

Having said that based on Hunt's reputation I could see a suspension coming out of this... (a game or two)
    Last edited by GiantDave; 02-18-2008 at 10:34 PM.
    Big Snake, Grant, Kassian, Lucic... who will the next Giants heavyweight be....