Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Not Dead Yet

its looks like cyr, sagert and gardner don't want to end their WHL careers on a bad note. good job guys.

The young guys are stepping up too. Riege got 2 points and the Top Cat award. There were many honourable mentions to the defense.

Now if only D. Tyrell could get his groove back. Come on Dana we need you buddy. clrkth
    For What It's Worth

Default Seattle

Any thoughts on Seattle?

I'm not sure what to think, we've only faced them once and lost, but it was soon after the trade deadline.

Maybe they'll take us lightly and play the backup goalie, that might help.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
    For What It's Worth

Iconwhl

The back up for seattle ??? Jacob De Sarres? check out his save percentage he has been playing better than the starting first round draft pick goalie.... Seattle is a sleeper. ...I love PG but I love watching Jacob De Sarres play... he is very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBits
    Well I guess anything is possible. I'm the one with the pink glasses right.

But......

We not only need a 10 game winning streak, we need Kamloops/Chill to have a 10 game losing steak. vci11 They are both going on the Eastern swing.....that's what 6 games?

In any case, we would need a lot of outside help. I still think it would be cool to have a deciding game their very last game between PG and Kamloops. If you haven't already noticed, I'm a dreamer.
    Well if the Bruins only bring as much as they did last night the rest of the way, them going on a prolonged skid isn't out of the question.

They just totally looked like the didn't want to be there.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYER
    The back up for seattle ??? Jacob De Sarres? check out his save percentage he has been playing better than the starting first round draft pick goalie.... Seattle is a sleeper. ...I love PG but I love watching Jacob De Sarres play... he is very solid.
    I checked the goalie stats after I posted and realized, there really is no #1 in Seattle and they are both good. Darn.

Well, I guess all I can do is keep my fingers crossed. Crazier things have happened heh?

Oldtimehockey:

Well if the Bruins only bring as much as they did last night the rest of the way, them going on a prolonged skid isn't out of the question.

They just totally looked like the didn't want to be there.
    They were probably just stunned from losing to PG.
    For What It's Worth

Just checked the score sheet from the Monday afternoon game in Portland (who scheduled that?). Cougars did everything. Cyr with 40 saves and even notched a SH goal. I mean yes it is Portland, but you have to figure this is a game that the Hawks went....alright, this is going to be the match up that we are going to lay a beating on someone.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

Iconwhl

don't give up two bits! PG is hungrier than Seattle. I have watched Seattle play all season. Riku Helenuius is the starting goalie and goes to Tampa Bay next season- De Sarres gets put in for Riku when he loses interest.... I think that Real is hungrier than anyone and a good show could put him somewhere for next season..... I think seattle has better coaching than PG so that could put Seattle above PG- who can argue with Rob Sumnets and Jim McTaggert? they are great... but Real is hungry.... a lot can be said for that. I will try to be at the Key Arena to watch PG vs Seattle.... clrkthj

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYER
    don't give up two bits! PG is hungrier than Seattle. I have watched Seattle play all season. Riku Helenuius is the starting goalie and goes to Tampa Bay next season- De Sarres gets put in for Riku when he loses interest.... I think that Real is hungrier than anyone and a good show could put him somewhere for next season..... I think seattle has better coaching than PG so that could put Seattle above PG- who can argue with Rob Sumnets and Jim McTaggert? they are great... but Real is hungry.... a lot can be said for that. I will try to be at the Key Arena to watch PG vs Seattle.... clrkthj

Oh, I'm not giving up, just getting nervous.

Real seems very solid and his guys are playing well in front of him. I'm not going to be home to listen, maybe that's the best for my nerves.

Oldtime, the weird schedule is due to there being a National holiday in the US today.
    For What It's Worth

Iconwhl

I was at the Everett/Seattle game sat night. Evt won 8-4..... first time all season Evt beat Seattle...Riku Helenius let in 7 goals... He got pulled after the second period. Seattle played sloppy. De Sarres came in and had 18 shots on goal in the third and only let one in..... I think if PG brings their A game and Seattle has the same sort of sloppy play PG can take home a win...I was disappointed as I love anyone who can beat the Silvertips at their home ice.......I am rooting for PG on this one.... go cougs!!!