Thread: Blades 4 Pats 2

Iconwhl Blades 4 Pats 2

Well to start off this thread i want to say......... Riech was suspended for this game by the league office just to stop a potential 4th line brawl between these teams.

I thought ok maybe we came out ready for this game by scoring 53 seconds into the game, but then not even 3 mins later the Blades tie things up. then about midway thru they take the lead.

Start the 2nd with another early goal 1:54 into the period, only to get a terrible bounce off the glass that puts the puck literally right into Rowat's crease a scramble infront for a loose puck and its 3-2 and the end of the Pats night.

All 4 goals for the Blades scored on the PP. 4 lazy penalties in my mind (3 tripping and a hooking call) Can NOT blame the refs on this night i hate it when people blame the refs to begin with. Our PK was brutal AGAIN 4 for 7 on the PP were the Blades. In the game now a days your PK has to be soild each and every game. There is some real soul searching that MUST go on in our dressing room. I am also sick and tired of Hunt and Perkins always saying that they do all they can to get the players prepared for games. Give your head a shake guys i think its time YOU as the COACHES start taking some of the blame for how your team plays. These are kids that need that extra push, that extra motivation, alot of nights we are not ready for the start of game. Those 1 or 2 slow starting shifts can dictate the momentum for the 1st period. Hunt in my mind gets out coached on most nights, I seriously dont see what Hockey Canada see in him. Willie Desjardins (from MH) is a much better coach the Hunt will ever be.

Im almost afraid to go to the game on Wednesday night, I am not sure WHAT Pats team is going to show up against Kamloops, then have to listen to Perkins on the radio blaming certain individuals for not wanting to play a complete game. Well if these so called certain INDIVIUALS are not pulling their weight out there why DONT Mr. Hunt and Mr. Perkins bench these players from time to time. Last guy i seen them bench was Kraus and it wasnt for his lack of play on the ice it was for his 10 min misconduct that they werent happy about. Come on stop blaming indiviuals and blame yourselves for once.

Sorry for my huge rant here but I for 1 am sick and tired of this mediocar play when Parker brings in alot of talent and we still are no better then we were before the trade deadline. Im sure Parker is scratching his head as well what the problems is with his roster............ THERE IM DONE FOR THE NIGHT

Perhaps Parker will say no to Hunt going with Team Canada at Christmas, that seemed to be when the momentum really started to slow down.

But this has been a season when anyone can beat anyone.

Reich needs a beating with the idiot stick. SERIOUSLY HE IS A MENACE TO THE GAME! vci33 The only people not seeing that are those involved in the Blades organization. If he was an opposing player Molleken would be whining too. vc119
    I am fan of the RAIDER TEAM, doesn't matter who the coach, mgr. or board is. GO RAIDERS

Did you hate Reich when he played for the pats??

Default Scratched....

Quote Originally Posted by howley
    I don't think they had a chance to hate him, because he was always scratched......or so it seemed when I talked to him in Swift. I can recall more than two or three times where he was a healthy scratch versus us with Regina.

Myself I never thought he was too bad a guy. Might be a pest on the ice, but that's his job. Off the ice, he's great.
    GO BRONCOS GO!!!

Reich hurts his team more than he helps because he takes all those stupid penalties. If he'd just stick to being an in your face agitator he'd be really valuable, but he consistently takes extra penalties, he skates around as though he's suffering from ADD!!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I have to give Reich some credit, he has an absolutely fearless approach to the game. He continually answers the bell, despite being handed savage beating after savage beating by pretty much every opposing player he has ever fought.

Default Pats lose again..

It is very frustrating listening to the games and knowing you should be beating teams and the team can't come together to play a TEAM game and put one away. I think the Pats are playing with too many individuals and not enough players that want to get into the team concept. If the goaltending does not get better and if players don't start playing as a team and Penalty Killing(BRUTAL) they won't be around long even with all the talent on this team. The lucky thing is no one really got any closer in the division as they still hold a 4 point lead.

Quote Originally Posted by CJSenterprise4
    It is very frustrating listening to the games and knowing you should be beating teams and the team can't come together to play a TEAM game and put one away. I think the Pats are playing with too many individuals and not enough players that want to get into the team concept. If the goaltending does not get better and if players don't start playing as a team and Penalty Killing(BRUTAL) they won't be around long even with all the talent on this team. The lucky thing is no one really got any closer in the division as they still hold a 4 point lead.
    What happens in the next week or so could haunt the Pats, lack of performance this past weekend.
    I am fan of the RAIDER TEAM, doesn't matter who the coach, mgr. or board is. GO RAIDERS

Default It's terrible..

You outwork the other team and play as a team instead of going for individual accolades and you win a lot of hockey games. PK is all about the 4 players out working and hustling the other team and players are out of position and thinking the next guy has got it if they mess up. There is not a team full of Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky's here. Smarten up! Just b/c your drafted or are trying to get drafted doesn't mean the name on the back of the jersey means more than the logo on the front. Play as a team, Win as a team and the goals/points/ and praise will come from it.

Sorry about the rant but just upset about the recent play.

I agree..coaches need to take some blame and about reich...no I was one who did NOT like him as a Pat. Why like guys who can't actually play the game of hockey. Grantham has learned to score and play decent hockey and he is way bigger and slower than reich. Elder has played good for the Pats since the trade deadline too.

Quote Originally Posted by howley
    I loved the way he played the game... was/is not afraid of anyone. He took some stupid penalties but so do alot of other WHL players and hockey players in general). I'm not sure what happened near the end of last season that made him get into the Pats' so called dog house but it seemed to be carried over to the start of this year and it was noticeable in his play throughout training camp. In saying that I really wasn't disappointed that he got dealt.