Thread: Spokane wants Wuchterl Suspended

Hybrid View

Default Spokane wants Wuchterl Suspended

Excerpt from the Seattle Times...

...The last power play lasted five minutes when Michael Wuchterl was called for a major boarding penalty and given a game misconduct. The Spokane power play was spread over two periods, but a Chad Klassen shot that could have tied the score 2-2 rang off the top of the cross bar early in the third period.

Spokane coach Al Conroy expects Wuchterl to be suspended after Spokane center Chris Bruton needed stitches to close a gash to his head.

"He (Wuchterl) is going to be gone for a long time," Conroy predicted. "Bruton needed six to eight stitches, and who knows about a concussion? The league is definitely going to get a copy of the tape."

Did anyone see the hit on the web feed or from the bench side of the arena? I sit on the box side and the hit didn't seem that bad. It was definately dirty and worth the mis conduct...wuchterl had just been rocked and was looking for revenge...but it certainly didn't seem THAT outrageous.

a7x Guest

I was listening to the game when that happened, and the Spokane radio guy compared the hit to the hit Big Snake laid on Desautels in Portland last season. I was at that game, and I didn't think the Big Snake hit was that bad, but then I saw it on video and it was definately a very dirty hit. The Spokane radio guy was saying how Wuchterl was just skating around hitting anything in a red jersey, and that he was going to be in a fight soon if he kept it up, and them BAM, the big hit on Bruton which led to a fight between Lapointe and Wuchterl.

"The Spokane radio guy was saying how Wuchterl was just skating around hitting anything in a red jersey"

Hehg, that's all Wuchterl EVER does. Look at his points/game...he's not out there for his scoring. He's just a human bulldozer. Funny thing is I had just told my wife before the game how Wuchterl had toned it down lately.

upper level fan Guest

I watched the internet feed and at first it didnt look that bad but when they showed the replay you could see why it was bad because he was just the right distance away from the boards that it looked like he might have hit his head on the boards and he didnt come completly from behind but it was far enough Brutton couldnt see him coming. But right after the hit and before Lapoint and wucteral got into it Mercer threw a shot over Lapoint's shoulder that just snapped Wucterals head back. He also definatly took a good run at him to so that could another reason it looked bad almost like he came from the other sid e of the rink. I could really tell were he came from on the internet feed but you could tell and the Everett radio guys even said that they thought He was going to get a Major charging call.

I haven't been watching the WHL site lately........has he been suspended? If not........I wonder if the Chiefs players will handle this themselves.......It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Bruton was the guy that goes looking for him.......pretty tough kid.
    We drank all their beer, win the game, beat them up and no one goes to jail. Good times, eh?Andre "Moose" Dupont

upper level fan Guest

I dopnt know if he suspended or not. Actually i hope he plays tonight. But the last time I checked though Bruton was out with a concussion so i doubt he plays tonight. I hoping we either see lapiont or Mercer do it because im interested to see how tough these two guys are. We kind of know how tough Lapoint is from when he played for Portland, but I also think he has the stat of mind that he has to prove that hes better than what his stats showed this year. So i have a feeling tonight might be a better Everett game than normal. Just might be a little chippy.