Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: NHL Trade Deadline

From TSN...

Kings trade J.S. Aubin to Anaheim for a 7th round pick.

According to my count... Trade 22 of the day...

Atlanta trades A. Giroux to Washington for Joe Motzko
    Last edited by nivek_wahs; 02-26-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Trade 23...

Nashville trades 7th round pick to Tampa for Jan Hlavac

Trade 24

Brandon Bochenski from Anaheim to Nachville for future considerations
    Last edited by nivek_wahs; 02-26-2008 at 03:40 PM.

A few puzzling and surprising moves to say the least.

Dallas takes on Richards 8 MILLION dollar salary until 2011, and gives up a player with 4 fewer goals than him, a future starting goaltender and a defensively responsible 3rd line center. If this absurd contract expired at the end of the season, this trade looks like a slight gamble at best. Unless this guy rediscovers his form from 3 years ago, this quite possibly rivals some of the worst trades in NHL history.

Who is going to play goal for Montreal in the playoffs? The guy with 26 NHL games? Seems like a pretty strange deal for a team that has been so strong down the stretch. I have a gut feeling that Bob Gainey will be looking for a job in the summer.

Colorado acquiring Adam Foote for a conditional 1st rounder and Ruslan Salei for Skrastins and a pick? Couldn't pry Hatcher out of Philly, Richardson out of Ottawa, or Gill out of Toronto? Sure hope their goalie is good at stopping breakaways.

Pittsburgh sells a bit of the future for the big prize of the available players, but get worse on the back end with the addition of Gill(for a 2nd and 5th round pick?!?!?!?!?!?!), and still don't have a starting goaltender. Only way this one is good is if they can re-sign him. Malkin, Crosby and Hossa one one line... Scary.

Washington steals Montreal's starting goaltender for a 2nd rounder, and adds superpest Matt Cooke and an overpriced (though at the end of his contract) Fedorov. This team could make some noise in the playoffs.

I was surprised that Ottawa really did nothing (besides acquire a 4th liner that is making 2.5M/season) at the deadline, I thought for sure we were going to see one of their goalies move.

I laugh that the leafs got more for Gill than the Habs did for Huet. Good on Cliff, Bad on Bob. As expected the Leafs could not do much. I was abit upset about Kilger going. I really liked him, abit under rated IMO but oh well, he'll be happy in sunny florida...as most of us would be.

I thought the Pens getting Hossa was a great deal by Shero. Armstrong and Christensen are nothing more than 3rd/4th liners on any team. Espo is highly over rated IMO and I beleive his stock will continue to fall as he causes coaches hair to turn grey. The only costly thing is the 1st rd pick that is going over and let's be honest...Pittsburgh isn't exactly in need of young talented players at the moment. It's alot to give up for a player who most likely won't resign with them but it could be an edge they need in the playoffs. They could put a chair in net and win some games with that offense they have.