Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pats wearing 90th Anniversary jerseys against Chilliwack

Default It was a great game...

Getting to Regina from Weyburn was not the easiest as a car slid out of control right of me and hit the ditch. Then i get to the Pats game and they slide and roll out of the gates. Down 3-0 but no worries as Eberle showed up to snipe some goals. The Pats dominated most of the game after being down 3-0. It was a good fast paced game, hard hitting and very fun to watch. Just have to wait till Sunday now.

Iconwhl

People around me at the game (mainly season ticket holders) were all complaining how poorly we were playing in the 1st period. But really in all honesty we didnt play that bad in the 1st at all the difference was the PP the Bruins were 3-3 and the Pats were 1-3. 5 on 5 we out worked them every shift except the opening shift, we came out hitting right form the start. I know its woulda shoulda coulda but Rowat shoulda had that 3rd goal it was a softy but oh well, the score would of looked more respectable at a 2-1 lead for the Bruins, but it wasnt.

The score didnt reflect how the Pats were playing, being down 3-1 on 3 PP goals wasnt really that bad considering how good the Bruins PP is. Yes out PK needs to get better but when you can ice 3 top end players (Santorelli, Moller & Holden) in the league including the leading point guy in Santorelli you should have a great PP.

All in all i dont think the Pats had that bad of a 1st period as fans sitting around me were saying.

I personally think with our work ethic the past 2 games we look really good, if we can keep that work ethic up night in and night out we can compete against these top teams. The last 2 games we have ran into very hot goaltending that kid on Kamloops played amazing and Friesen last night made some huge saves, especially on Mitchell (in the 2nd) and Pyett (in the 3rd) he held his ground good in the 2nd on a MacAngus chance off a faceoff also. On most nights 2 of those go in but forsure 1.

I had seen Friesen play before on shaw cable and once on a webcast and he didnt look that great like he did last night (friday) he was flashing his leather often. Now i dont know if we made Friesen look great by some of our poor goal scorers on this team of if he just had a great game.

Eberle's 3 goals were all very highly skilled goals nice shots and showed alot of patients on 2 of those goals. As i was saying during last nights game to a guy who sits beside me our 1st 2 goals were from shots in the high slot, Mitchell's chance was from alittle farther out but also rfom the center of the ice, the last little while our guys havent wanted to go to those areas to score, always keeping our chances to the outside, where you arnt going to score often against these goalies.

CONGRATS TO EBERLE ON 40 GOALS!!!!!!!!

I kind of figured thats why he got scratched. Lets hope Depape gets his head back in the game and starts playing like he did for those first couple games. We need what he supposedly brings to the table, as a 20+ goalscorer.

Patsdude, What section do you sit in? seems to me that everything that happens in your section is usually the same thing going on in mine.