Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shut Out The Giants!!!!

Icon06 Shut Out The Giants!!!!

Holy Cow!!!! We shutout the Giants!!! Good Job CYRSIE!!! And on 47 shots too!!!! This kid never quits, even now that is doesn't really matter anymore. We are all so proud back here in SK.
    For What It's Worth

Iconwhl

Real is the man!!!! what a great job.... wish I could have been in the CN!!!! sigh. I stayed up just to check the box scores... way to go PG. dancing pi

Default Hats off to Mr. Cyr

He was great tonight, and got a nice loud cheer from everyone that stayed around for the 1st star. I hope he can have at least one more of those nights before his junior career is over.

His teamates weren't too shabby either. Despite the shot totals, the team was much better in their own end. They didn't generate a ton of offensive chances but were physical and worked very hard. All in all a nice way to spend a Saturday night.

I'm a bit of an optimist but, maybe, just maybe, the kids will wind up being allright. Hope that's enough to keep the Saskatchewan Cougars fan club in operation for another year punk rock

That was the best 60 minutes of hockey I've seen from the Cougars since they knocked out the Silvertips last season in the playoffs.

Nice to see the PK was on fire considering the shotty reffing.

And Cyr = vci22 . Simply amazing between the pipes.

Default One More

Quote Originally Posted by smileyjones
    He was great tonight, and got a nice loud cheer from everyone that stayed around for the 1st star. I hope he can have at least one more of those nights before his junior career is over.

His teamates weren't too shabby either. Despite the shot totals, the team was much better in their own end. They didn't generate a ton of offensive chances but were physical and worked very hard. All in all a nice way to spend a Saturday night.

I'm a bit of an optimist but, maybe, just maybe, the kids will wind up being allright. Hope that's enough to keep the Saskatchewan Cougars fan club in operation for another year punk rock

I hope so too, and I hope it's when his mom and dad go down to watch him play during the Kamloops double header.

Sorry for being so one-dimensional. The team deserves a big pat on the back too. The penalty kill had to be awesome tonight!!!!! Good Job Boys!!!

You know Smiley, I think I might be hooked. Curtis might need a forum cheering section next year. How is he doing by the way?
    For What It's Worth

Ams2Fan Guest

I think I speak for most Ams fans when I say: THANK YOOOOUUUU!!!

And congrats! WTG guys!

Default Curtis

Curtis has been out with a shoulder injury for a few weeks. Not sure if he will be back before the end of the year or not....have you heard that kid do color on the radio? If the goal thing doesn't work out, he'll probably wind up being the president of a bank or something...very well spoken kid.

I've got my glasses on too.....with Curtis out, Cyr doesn't have to look over his shoulder and can worry about his game down the stretch. Also, they've been dressing a couple of youngsters as backup. Alex Wright is apparently listed as an AP by Medicine Hat and can only be used in case of an injury. The other backup they've used at home is Marcus Beesley who is a 1st year midget rep goalie in town. I think he can only be used in an emergency as well, but you've gotta think it one heck of an experience for a young guy just to be on the bench.

well done Cyr ... well by looking at the stats it looked like a boring game, but from the comments here it seemed like it might have been anything but.

And true enough McLean and Thompson are not what you would call the A-list in refereeing

the stats also have the second PG goal going into an EN at 8:55 of the third -- how is this possible? or is the stats guy just on crack?

Actually I suspected that the Cougars might put together a great game since the pressure was completely off.

And Ams2fan don't worry we'll still catch ya
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Thumbs up Incredible Performance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the flying moose
    That was the best 60 minutes of hockey I've seen from the Cougars since they knocked out the Silvertips last season in the playoffs.

Nice to see the PK was on fire considering the shotty reffing.

And Cyr = vci22 . Simply amazing between the pipes.

smileyjones

I'm a bit of an optimist but, maybe, just maybe, the kids will wind up being allright. Hope that's enough to keep the Saskatchewan Cougars fan club in operation for another year
    vci22 vci22 vci22 CYR, CYR, CYR, ... you are da man!!! 47 shots! I don't care if some were from the outside, inside, top, or bottom, it's 47 shots and 0 goals! That's simply incredible. This is one SK fan that will be still chiming in from time to time next year. I think it will be a better year next year. CYR's parents are heading to PG on Monday, let's hope CYRSIE has something up his sleeve or in his trapper for them as well.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Quote Originally Posted by smileyjones
    Curtis has been out with a shoulder injury for a few weeks. Not sure if he will be back before the end of the year or not....have you heard that kid do color on the radio? If the goal thing doesn't work out, he'll probably wind up being the president of a bank or something...very well spoken kid.
    I've got my glasses on too.....with Curtis out, Cyr doesn't have to look over his shoulder and can worry about his game down the stretch. Also, they've been dressing a couple of youngsters as backup. Alex Wright is apparently listed as an AP by Medicine Hat and can only be used in case of an injury. The other backup they've used at home is Marcus Beesley who is a 1st year midget rep goalie in town. I think he can only be used in an emergency as well, but you've gotta think it one heck of an experience for a young guy just to be on the bench.
    Yes, I heard him when they were down in Portland and Seattle and was extremely impressed. I'm not sure if you are familiar with Cam Moon, he was a goalie with the Blades and then was traded to......I think Medicine Hat. Anyway, he was the same way. I think he still works for one of the Alberta organizations.
    For What It's Worth