Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Win! Letts get Assist!

Default Chiefs Win! Letts gets Assist!

Not to gloat, but that was one helluva dominating effort ... I'm glad Dustin got the shutout; the boyz did not take dumb penalties tonight, and had some great penalty kill efforts when the score was still close ... the team looked like they did in the first half of the season, AWESOME!

As for the Ams fans bangin' on Letts, I'm glad he got a point, he played well and took no dumb penalties.
    Last edited by Pete76; 03-08-2008 at 12:21 AM.

yah good game spokane. bad game ams. i didn't watch the game as im over at state cheering on the hanford girls bball team but i did listen to it via web. i missed the yellow horn fight though. how did that turn out?

not sure how the fight turned out, we were late (typical with trying to get three kids 4 and under to a game) ... and we are not allowed to listen to the game on the radio on the drive, or so says my daughter with the case of dvd's ...

It was actually a great tilt. Yellow's a better fighter than I would have figured, I've seen Rudy go up against some big guys and do fairly well. It was very entertaining to see the little guys go at it. Rutherford gets the unanimous decision since Yellow was split, though.

Did you guys catch the plays of the week on the WHL website this week? On the number 1 play, Pickard makes a HUGE save.........and then gloats about it immediately after.

Not to open that can of worms again. vci33

Ams2Fan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSimpson
    Did you guys catch the plays of the week on the WHL website this week? On the number 1 play, Pickard makes a HUGE save.........and then gloats about it immediately after.

Not to open that can of worms again. vci33
    Oh, you mean like when the players celebrate when they score a goal? Geesh.. what a jerk!

Default What A Game!

It was GREAT game! It was fast. Both teams were hitting hard. I don't remember ever hearing Yellowhorn had fought before so I about fell out of my seat when he went at it with Rudy. I would give the win to Rudy even tho they were both still on their feet. At the end it looked like Yellowhorn was just trying to push him away. He was pooped. I am sure it is much more exicting for us Chief fans than for you AMs fans but what a game. Can any of you tell me if this was Yellowhorn's first fight this year? Somewhere on here I read that you thought the key to beating us was to get physical with us. I would definitely say you accoplished that. You also spent almost as much time in our net as Tic did so Chet has been "revenged" for lack of a better word. But do any of you feel that being that physical kind of threw you off your game a little? I kind of get the impression that you guys would rather skate fast (I love watching Johnny Lazo!) than hit hard. Anyway - great game guys! Glad we won but great game!

Quote Originally Posted by Ams2Fan
    Oh, you mean like when the players celebrate when they score a goal? Geesh.. what a jerk!
    Not many goaltenders turn around and pump their fists in the air after one save...that's all I'm saying.

BTW - after the game last night, Ryan Letts cut Pickard off on his way to the bench. For everyone's own closure, Letts' exact words to him were "good game" and he tapped him on the pads. He then repeated himself again "good game."

I think Pickard was as surprised as anyone.

as far as i know that is yellow's first fight this season, last year he sort of went at it with Beach but beach had a big jump on him and it wasnt much of a tilt. Last year though yellow did drop the gloves to stick up for Michael Kaye (his buddy that came with him from lethbridge) and the guy he fought was a monster and he did pretty good. his advantage at fight is that he's so stocky BUT at the same time its a disadvantage as he has no reach.

as far as pickard gloating ya i saw that PoTW and glad to see that side of him. so i guess he is a cocky kid, but hey at least he backs it up right? most goalies are the calm and quiet type, i guess pickard isn't a typical goalie though.

on the physical play part of the game i feel we play our best game when we hit hard and battle on the boards. it slows the game down enough for us to get some good breakouts and have the odd man rushes. when we try to play finese and skill we do ok, but the best games i've seen us play are when we are dominating physically (i know it's hard for you spokane fans to imagine our tiny team checking but we can do it. lazo lays some good hits for a tiny guy let me tell you). the line that will always set the tone for us is hoff, mcauley and stoklassa if they play a good physical game then 9/10 times we win.

glad to see we gave tokarski a rough night as far as being in his face, wish we could've given him a rough night on the stat sheet to though. i noticed we got a goalie interference call. was it just a bump?

Quote Originally Posted by TriFan2005
    i noticed we got a goalie interference call. was it just a bump?
    nah, you guys put him on his butt a few times

But not as bad as Wahl's hit on the chilliwack goalie last night ... he drilled him!

well hey glad to see we at least tried to get in tokarski's face.... btw who's coming down on the 15th. that game should decide the league title!