Thread: ferner fined $1000.00

Icon34 ferner fined $1000.00

Mark Ferner was fined $1000.00 after coments about league and refs

When Game 2 ended, Ferner left little doubt that, at least in his mind, the WHL’s department of officials had a lot to do with the outcome.

Asked what the message was in a pregame visit from Kevin Acheson, one of the WHL’s officiating supervisors, Ferner replied: “That there was too much clutching and grabbing, too much stickwork (in Game 1), that we have to let Dawes play. Word for word …”

That would be Nigel Dawes, the Ice left-winger who is their captain, their 50-goal man, their Mr. Clutch with 14 game-winning goals over the regular season. And you can make it 15, because he got Saturday’s winner, 35 seconds into extra time.

But shortly after Dawes scored, it was Ferner holding court with the media.

“It’s frustrating, I’m sure on both sides,” Ferner said. “This is playoff hockey. You’re setting up for a seven-game series and want to wear the other team down. We’ve been told that we’re supposed to let their skill guys be skill guys and not clutch and grab, not hold up … It’s disappointing because we’ve built a team that hopefully will play seven games here and we want to wear the other team down.

“But we’ve been told by people from the Western Hockey League that we’re not allowed to do that. We knew we were in trouble before the game even started.”

Rob Matsuoka
    (taken from Kamloops daily news) :burningma

$1000 bucks seems to be one of higher cost fines? Usually they are $250-$500 aren't they?
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jovorock
    $1000 bucks seems to be one of higher cost fines? Usually they are $250-$500 aren't they?
    Yes they are usually eithert 250-500. I haven't heard of a 1k fine before. Guess the WHL is trying to send a message for everyone to shut up about the reffing.

I'm surprised Bonner didnt get a 250$ for his comments about game 2 (VAN/KEL).

I think there are going to be some choice words spoken at the BOG meeting on the 31st about the quality of the officiating.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    Yes they are usually eithert 250-500. I haven't heard of a 1k fine before. Guess the WHL is trying to send a message for everyone to shut up about the reffing.

I'm surprised Bonner didnt get a 250$ for his comments about game 2 (VAN/KEL).

I think there are going to be some choice words spoken at the BOG meeting on the 31st about the quality of the officiating.
    At least Bonner and Ferner will get alot less than the Guelph coach Dave Barr will get!
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner

As there should be, the officiating has been sub par this year. Yes, I'm a Swift fan, yes, I used the word par. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jovorock
    At least Bonner and Ferner will get alot less than the Guelph coach Dave Barr will get!
    Yep, you got that right.

Quote Originally Posted by flathead
    As there should be, the officiating has been sub par this year. Yes, I'm a Swift fan, yes, I used the word par. lol

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF