Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone catch global TV sports tonight?

Post Anyone catch global BC TV sports tonight (channel 8)?

Specifically Eric Dwyer's report on the giants and Rockets series. Talk about biased coverage. If you missed it, check it out tonight on channel 8 at around 11:35 or so.

i missed it but ill have to check it out later, which way is he leaning too?
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

Quote Originally Posted by fightstrap50
    He was whining about the officiating Vancouver received in the last game. Perhaps trying to influence Tuesday's game?? (hey it worked for the Rangers against the 'nucks in 1994). Usually you don't see that from so-called journalists or a TV station that supposed to be provincial in scope, at least that's what their name implies -- "Global TV BC"

C.F Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fightstrap50
    The Giants most likely. Just like a Kelowna channel would be biased towards the Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by C.F
    The Giants most likely. Just like a Kelowna channel would be biased towards the Rockets.
    Actually, CHBC hasn't been biased. BTW, the former BCTV and now "Global BC" is not supposed to be a Vancouver only TV station, even though they act that way. They are broadcast throughout the province, hence their name.

rinkrat Guest

Ya,and in Vancouver we whine about Toronto,the real center of the media universe...So get in line.You've got a bit of a wait if you think BCTV or Global or CBC or our 26 radio stations will support your beloved rockets,over any other team.There's probably a dozen junior teams in the lower mainland.Not to mention golf shows,outdoor shows,concerts,plays.Just this afternoon i went and watched major midget championships,free admission,great hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat
    Ya,and in Vancouver we whine about Toronto,the real center of the media universe...So get in line.You've got a bit of a wait if you think BCTV or Global or CBC or our 26 radio stations will support your beloved rockets,over any other team.There's probably a dozen junior teams in the lower mainland.Not to mention golf shows,outdoor shows,concerts,plays.Just this afternoon i went and watched major midget championships,free admission,great hockey.
    And your point is what?...........not just people in Vancouver subscribe to thier channel, so we at least expect non bias reporting...........

With that in mind what really pissed me off was having to listen to the shaw announcers from Vancouver doing the games in Kelowna and acting like grand theft was happening to the Giants............HEY Bill shut the **** up you old and usless announcer with about as much knowledge about the game as chipmunk and to your counterpartner Dan Russell......layoff the donutes play a sport once in your life and then maybe i will oisten to your so called expert opinion you fat ass fu*k..........he is pathetic and I am sure never played a day in any sport other then challenging that kid in a hot dog eating competion.

You've got a bit of a wait if you think BCTV or Global ... will support your beloved rockets,
    I don't expect them to, why do you expect them to blatantly support the giants? Global BC is not a local station, at least that is what they told the CRTC.
    or our 26 radio stations
    Who cares about local stations?

C.F Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kevanie97
    And your point is what?...........not just people in Vancouver subscribe to thier channel, so we at least expect non bias reporting...........

With that in mind what really pissed me off was having to listen to the shaw announcers from Vancouver doing the games in Kelowna and acting like grand theft was happening to the Giants............HEY Bill shut the **** up you old and usless announcer with about as much knowledge about the game as chipmunk and to your counterpartner Dan Russell......layoff the donutes play a sport once in your life and then maybe i will oisten to your so called expert opinion you fat ass fu*k..........he is pathetic and I am sure never played a day in any sport other then challenging that kid in a hot dog eating competion.
    What crawled up you ass and died? If a bias announcer makes you this pissed off, I sure don't want to be anywhere near you if something actually worth being upset about happens. The way you describe Dan Russell is very classless, you should be ashamed of yourself. If you actually grew up a little and listened to his sports talk show, you would realize he is a very smart guy. As for Bill Wilms, although he's a Giants homer, he's got more hockey knowledge in his pinky than you have in your brain. Stop being a little punk and show some class in our post.

Rocketman, I'm calling BS. I have a hard time believing your local channel isn't the least bit biased. Stop being biased towards your channel. I will admit BCTV is a little biased. Although they are called BCTV, they are based in Vancouver, hence more Vancouver coverage. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by kevanie97
    HEY Bill shut the **** up you old and usless announcer with about as much knowledge about the game as chipmunk and to your counterpartner Dan Russell......layoff the donutes play a sport once in your life and then maybe i will oisten to your so called expert opinion you fat ass fu*k..........he is pathetic and I am sure never played a day in any sport other then challenging that kid in a hot dog eating competion.
    Exactly! Fat dan does have porcine features. He reminds me of that actor in the movie Deliverance. You know the guy who was asked to grunt like a pig while he took it dry. What's up with Vancouver sportscasters? Did or could any of them play sports? Let's see, they have Fat Dan Russell, Eric "the dweeb" Dwyer, & squint barnes. How'd you like to play full-contact hockey against that crew?