View Poll Results: Should we have a trash talk forum for the play-offs?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 33.33%
  • No

32 66.67%

Thread: ***poll***

Default ***poll***

As members of whlfans.ca do you want a forum to trash talk opposing teams and players during the playoffs with the exception of swearing?

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Default A Fun Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Scout
    As members of whlfans.ca do you want a forum to trash talk opposing teams and players during the playoffs with the exception of swearing?

Scout
    I voted yes, but it might be opening the door to personal insults and name calling minus the swearing. If you go through with it you may want to post a disclaimer saying that type of behavior will result in TO's or bans. I think it would be fun. Thank-you for allowing poster input Scout.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

I vote NO. Thats what Network 54 is for. People come here for the good hockey discussion and go there for the trash talk,pop-ups and adware.

Quote Originally Posted by HAF
    I vote NO. Thats what Network 54 is for. People come here for the good hockey discussion and go there for the trash talk,pop-ups and adware.

Very true, very true. Good point.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Quote Originally Posted by HAF
    I agree whole heartedly! It will open up the door for a lot of crap-ie, name calling, team and city bashing etc. The reason I joined this site is to get away from all the crap, to talk hockey with decent people and to get away from trolling. As far as I'm concerned if a person wants that they can go to the network54 boards. I say leave it alone. vc178

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Default I Agree Also

But a poster did pose the question so i thought i would see what other members think of the idea and by the looks of it, it will be a landslide to keep the forum as it is. It never hurts to get the members thoughts and ideas and see if us as Mods are staying in the right direction as to what they want.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

I don't think it is needed. I guess if you made it those that don't like it can avoid it, but I don't think it would add anything to the site.

Posters should be able to do any "trash talking" within the rules and proper posting guidelines anyways. Not sure that there is a need for any more than that.

Personally I would rather talk about the games and have some friendly ribbing than get into battles of who can be the biggest dope with other teams fans.

JayDub Guest

Default It will hapen anyways

Whether we have a specific thread or not, the trash talk will happen ! We'll even see non-playoff teams fans get involved....right Saskatoon/ PA

Quote Originally Posted by JayDub
    Whether we have a specific thread or not, the trash talk will happen ! We'll even see non-playoff teams fans get involved....right Saskatoon/ PA
    Good natured ribbing is one thing as long as both parties realize it's good natured and doesn't involve city or player bashing. If it does it should be deleted, simple as that. Anyone that wants to bash and troll should just go to one of the many network54 sites that let it slide. We don't need to ruin this great board with slack moderating like those boards.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!