15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kelowna

10 66.67%
  • Vancouver

5 33.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Game 3

C.F Guest

If that wasn't home ice advantage, I don't know what was! Once the Giants gave the crowd something to cheer about, their play excellerated a ton. What a great game, this is turning out to be a great series!

Quote Originally Posted by C.F
    If that wasn't home ice advantage, I don't know what was!
    It certainly wasn't for the first half of the game. Even the giants' colour man Wilms admitted that and Russel agreed. As they said, the giants looked out of synch and were lucky to be down only one after the first.
    Once the Giants gave the crowd something to cheer about, their play excellerated a ton. What a great game, this is turning out to be a great series!
    I thought the crowd was dead until after the giants first goal more half-way through the game. The game was exciting though, but only for the comeback the giants pulled out. The Rockets gave the game away as much as the giants took it. Needlessly to say, tomorrow the Rockets will really be under pressure. It's a must win for them.

C.F Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RocketMan
    It certainly wasn't for the first half of the game. Even the giants' colour man Wilms admitted that and Russel agreed. As they said, the giants looked out of synch and were lucky to be down only one after the first.I thought the crowd was dead until after the giants first goal more half-way through the game. The game was exciting though, but only for the comeback the giants pulled out. The Rockets gave the game away as much as the giants took it. Needlessly to say, tomorrow the Rockets will really be under pressure. It's a must win for them.
    The crowd had nothing to cheer about, the Giants had a bad start. But like I said, once they got into it, the Giants looked like a better team.

When Wilms mentioned the Giants bad play, did he squeeze in the fact that Brule is the best player on the planet? I just have a tough time seeing him critisize the Giants like that.

Both teams looked a little shakey in the first, but I'll give the confidence edge to the Rockets at the start. 7-8 shots not a tonne of scoring chances, they both looked a little nervous.

After Vancouver scored to make it 3-1 you could just see the momentum swing completely to the Giants side.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

The crowd had nothing to cheer about, the Giants had a bad start.
    Hmmm, I wonder why?
    When Wilms mentioned the Giants bad play, did he squeeze in the fact that Brule is the best player on the planet? I just have a tough time seeing him critisize the Giants like that.
    No he just said that sometimes a big crowd at home can have, and I quote, "a reverse effect on a team". But, you're right I was expecting him to add a superfluous Brule plug. He did eventually. BTW, Brule was outstanding once he showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    Both teams looked a little shakey in the first, but I'll give the confidence edge to the Rockets at the start. 7-8 shots not a tonne of scoring chances, they both looked a little nervous.
    I didn't see it that way at all, nor did the giants own radio colour team Russell and Wilms. The Rockets should've been up by more than one after the first. The giants were not really in it until well into the second after a pretty flukey PP goal. They had a terrible start. The Rockets built up a usually commanding 3-0 lead which is a damn good start and then tried to sit on it while playing only 4 d-men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    After Vancouver scored to make it 3-1 you could just see the momentum swing completely to the Giants side.
    Yup, but that didn't happen until half-way through the game.