15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kelowna

10 66.67%
  • Vancouver

5 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by C.F
    The Giants are used to big crowds and lot os media attention. If anything, it will be an advantage for Vancouver.
    Perhaps in the regular season, but the playoffs are very different matter. The giants have very little experience in that regard. I believe the pressure is on the them now.

BTW, I just had a look at the records for the giants' home playoff games last year. None of the crowds very big relative to the coliseum's seating capacity. The largest crowd I saw was only 7816 (about half-full); most of the games were around the low 6000's, with a couple games under 6K. I suspect tonight will be different. We'll see how it plays out.

C.F Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RocketMan
    Perhaps in the regular season, but the playoffs are very different matter. The giants have very little experience in that regard. I believe the pressure is on the them now.

BTW, I just had a look at the records for the giants' home playoff games last year. None of the crowds very big relative to the coliseum's seating capacity. The largest crowd I saw was only 7816 (about half-full); most of the games were around the low 6000's, with a couple games under 6K. I suspect tonight will be different. We'll see how it plays out.
    The Giants actually averaged over 8000 fans, and had at least 6 game where there was over 10,000 fans. From what I can remember, they only lost one of those games in front of a large crowd. Once agian-advantage Vancouver.

They opened the box office early today, around 12:00, the estimate going around is 12k tonight.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

The Giants actually averaged over 8000 fans, and had at least 6 game where there was over 10,000 fans.
    Where are you getting those numbers from? They only played 6 playoff home games last year. The numbers you cite for last year's playoffs are very different from the detailed score sheets for each game maintained by the WHL's official web site. They go back several years including playoffs. Or are you citing meaningless numbers from the regular season, where the games are far less important or significant?
    From what I can remember, they only lost one of those games in front of a large crowd. Once agian-advantage Vancouver.
    The giants were only .500 at home during last year's playoffs and got smoked in their final playoff home game by Everett 6-2 in front of a crowd of 5,883 (do the WHL score sheets have it all wrong??). That doesn't sound like much of an advantage to me.

C.F Guest

I'm talking about regular season. I don't see how the nerves of playing in front of a large crowd changes during the playoffs. The Giants are comfortable playing in front of large crowds, and they have proven that.

I'm talking about regular season.
    Ok, it wasn't clear at all what you were referring to exactly, but thanks for clearing it up.
    I don't see how the nerves of playing in front of a large crowd changes during the playoffs.
    I do. Playoff pressure is quite a different thing than an ordinary regular season game. I suspect most people that have followed hockey long enough know that.
    The Giants are comfortable playing in front of large crowds, and they have proven that.
    Not in an important playoff game they haven't. Perhaps they will tonight, but until they do prove it, it remains a very uncertain factor. The Rockets will feel it too, but I believe more of the pressure is on Vancouver given the expected never-before-seen playoff crowd and the hype.

Who knows who's feeling the pressure. Both teams have a lot of pressure right now.

Guess we will just have to wait 2hrs. and find out.

Enjoy the game everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    Guess we will just have to wait 2hrs.
    In that regard, I think the first period, especially the first half and whoever gets the first goal will really be interesting. BTW, if 12K do show up, is that the largest crowd for a playoff game ever in the whl?? The crowd in Calgary should be large as well.
    Enjoy the game everyone.
    You too I for one am not missing the NHL one little bit. I am really looking forward to this game. If it's anything like the last two, it will be awesome.

In that regard, I think the first period, especially the first half and whoever gets the first goal will really be interesting.
    Maybe, but if Im not mistaken every game between these 2 teams this year has come down to the last half of the third period. Except of course the final regular season game, of course. Sorry couldn't resist.

Neither team has given up in any of the games this year and I dont expect either team to start now.

BTW, if 12K do show up, is that the largest crowd for a playoff game ever in the whl?? The crowd in Calgary should be large as well.
    Looking at the regular season I think the Hitmen will outdraw Van.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman
    You too I for one am not missing the NHL one little bit. I am really looking forward to this game. If it's anything like the last two, it will be awesome.
    What's to miss? The Dub is the best Hockey win or lose bar none.

Can't wait, all ready to go, having a quick pop before I head out.

What's to miss? The Dub is the best Hockey win or lose bar none. Can't wait, all ready to go, having a quick pop before I head out.
    Damn, I wish I could've made it to the game. TV is ok, but there's nothing like seeing the live action, plus the atmosphere.
    having a quick pop before I head out.
    Cheers and here's hoping the ref keeps out of it and doesn't try to be a star in front of the big crowd and TV cameras.

1 hour 39 minutes and counting.