Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beach

i say beach will probably go to later than 6th. i honestly hope he can change and be a huge impact player/leader for everett (if he doesn't stick in the NHL). just his bad rep as far as penalties/suspensions/being a distraction at world juniors really hurt his draft status. combine that with his concussion problems this year and alot of teams would prefer to take someone maybe a bit less talented who will have a more lengthened career.

that said though i really do wish beach the best. i really saw a change this year and if he returns next year im sure it will be even more of a change. i'm crossing my fingers beach sticks though so we don't have to watch him beat us in a shootout AGAIN!

I believe Beach is only 17 this year? Is that right? So ... if ANY of what I have read is true then maybe, MAYBE, Beach might be able to change his punkish ways and turn into a respectable player - make that a player you can respect. I don't think it would hurt him to go to some anger management sessions tho!

It really sucks to have someone as promising as Beach do the things that he has done. I just cannot imagine that he really LIKES being hated. That has got to be wearing.

I kind of think that at this point in time, that someone could use his head for T-Ball practice and the refs probably wouldn't call it even if they saw it happen. His well-earned reputation is starting to cause him some issues.

I guess only time will tell.

Default 17

He's playing as a 17, but is actually 18. It's the late birthday thing.

Alot of Beach's draft position will have to do with how he performs after being challenged by his coach on Sunday. Will he come back into the lineup for the playoffs with a fired up more directed attitude, or will he come back the same old goon and be more of a cancer than a leader for the Tips?

If he comes out in the playoffs and puts up points the way we all know he can, he'll definitely go in the top 5 or 6 in the draft.

But if he comes out and lets Bruton beat him like a rented mule again and not control his aggression, who's to say NHL teams will still be willing to take that chance? Playoffs are a prospect's last chance to make a name for themselves in the draft.

Maybe Beach believes that he is the next coming of Sean Avery.