Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beach

Quote Originally Posted by old_time_hockey
    Looks like he is heading off to suspension land
    I doubt he will get more than 1 game. Hasn't been suspended all year, and Olsen came right back.

Haven't seen the hit in question, I just can't see the league lowering the boom on him.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Iconwhl

yea, you are right he most likely will only get a game... I saw the hit and I had to think to myself "what in the heck is he thinking?" He laid the seattle player out...makes me miss Kevin Constantine... he ran a tighter ship.

yes beach only got 1 game. what a dumb time to take a suspension though with his team vying to not play spokane/tri-cities (at the time he made the hit it was either or).

as far as constantine running a tighter ship...... did you miss all of the games last year? did you not see the everett vs tri series? did you not see all of kyle beach's antics that caused everyone in the WHL to want to take beach's head off? do you consider coaching kids to dive "running a tight ship"? do you consider Kevin Constantine getting fined/suspended for mistreating his players at A PRESEASON TOURNEY "running a tight ship"?

myself i think everett is a lot better without constantine. sure they didn't win the division this year BUT a first year coach made the most out of what he could. last year was everett's year to run at the cup. this year they had to trade off all their talent because of overage issues. losing mueller hurt alot too.

back to the story what you guys liked about constantine would be interesting to hear. sure he had the kids playing good hockey but hell i could play good hockey too if that's what it took to be able to get out of my hockey gear, get a shower and a change of clothes and a meal after the game. vci33 vc178

Quote Originally Posted by TriFan2005
    yes beach only got 1 game. what a dumb time to take a suspension though with his team vying to not play spokane/tri-cities (at the time he made the hit it was either or).

as far as constantine running a tighter ship...... did you miss all of the games last year? did you not see the everett vs tri series? did you not see all of kyle beach's antics that caused everyone in the WHL to want to take beach's head off? do you consider coaching kids to dive "running a tight ship"? do you consider Kevin Constantine getting fined/suspended for mistreating his players at A PRESEASON TOURNEY "running a tight ship"?

myself i think everett is a lot better without constantine. sure they didn't win the division this year BUT a first year coach made the most out of what he could. last year was everett's year to run at the cup. this year they had to trade off all their talent because of overage issues. losing mueller hurt alot too.

back to the story what you guys liked about constantine would be interesting to hear. sure he had the kids playing good hockey but hell i could play good hockey too if that's what it took to be able to get out of my hockey gear, get a shower and a change of clothes and a meal after the game. vci33 vc178
    You check last season suspensions. How many times were the Tips on that list? And of that %, how many were team or KC?

I mean, you see them more than me, but every time that the Tips were up here, KC was red in the face going after the refs over stuff that was a none issue when you think about the crap that Beach pulled. But they won every game up here...mostly in OT or with the Giants taking an SOL (that is what I think about the shootout BTW) But who made it to the finals and have the Memorial Cup banner?

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

Iconwhl

my comment about missing KC was tongue in cheek. I hated watching his buzz style hockey... but a dog with a note could coach a better team than Becanic.... The current coach seems more concerned with being liked by the team then being a leader... yea, KC was a cartoon character and took a lot of fines (the bus ride with gear on being the proverbial straw)...I was not a KC fan... but Beach would have benefited from a coach who could keep him in the mindset so that he could play the game he is so equipped and able to play... that being said I need some beauty sleep

and BTW, I am a PG fan clrkthj

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYER
    and BTW, I am a PG fan clrkthj
    I know, that's why I quoted Tri-fan

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

i really don't know how many times they were on the list, too lazy to go check and blah blah.

i do know i liked everett alot better without KC. they actually played hockey. last season the whole team was full of whiney players, coaches, and fans. this year they didn't dive as much, they had a coach that didn't send tape to the whl for review after every game, they played hard hockey and look what they did vs the WHL Regular Season Champs. they owned the AMS this season. they did pretty well against spokane if i remember right.

honestly beach this year vs last year was a huge difference. last year beach took a cheap shot at yellow horn every game i saw. this season i don't think he did it once. the only dumb thing he did against try was when he tried to go at pickard after a game and McColm tuned him up. Sure he's taken a few really dumb penalties and did some dumb stuff but compare this seasons beach to last seasons and it's a huge change in my opinion.

in fact this season beach earned my respect enough i got an autographed puck from him at the last game. he actually looked stunned when i walked up to him in my ams jersey and said "hey can you sign this for me please?" the look on his face was "what someone besides a 'tips fan likes me?" then he signed, i said "hope you get better and good luck in the draft this year" he said "thanks man".

Default Philadelphia Flyers will draft him

Sounds to me like Beach is a natural for the the Flyers. They like to have crazy players like Downie. They will draft about 10th and Beach should be there about that time. One more nut job will suit the Flyers fine.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default Beach

I've been out there in the open with my harsh comments on Kyle over the past season. Everyone has seen them. That being said, he's not going anywhere. If the Tips are to be decent next year, they need Beach to grow up and be here. Gendur, Hamill, & Bauer will all be gone. That's an entire offensive line...and the most dominant one on the team at that.

Beach will have to be a big part of this team. At his age every year makes a big difference. We just have to hope for Beach making the jump from Talented (playing as a) 17 year old to having to be "team leader" next year will put some coins in his brain bank.

I am afraid of what I just wrote, but it is true. We need Beach to shape up and be a part of this team next year.

While in Chilliwack on Saturday I chatted with a couple Scouts on the concourse. They both said Beach will be a top six NHL pick...no matter what he did Friday night. They said there is a big difference between 17 and 20 and teams will take that chance.