Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official Round One vs. Brandon Thread

Default **Official Round One vs. Brandon Thread

So we finally know!! Whats the thoughts and opinions of everyone on playing Brandon (even though we know Shu was for it )? Should we opt on going 2 at home then 3 in their barn or do the standerd 2-2-1-1-1? I dont care about what anyone thinks... I want to analyze the crap out of this series and pray the Canes can deliver for the first time in ten years!

It will probably be 2-3-2 since our (put obscenity here) winter fair, which happens every year and we get screwed over for the 1st round every year. This will be a fantastic series, besides the 10 hour bus rides between the two cities. Lethbridge has big physical defensemen, as we have speedy and crafty forwards. The goaltending is the big question of this series, Maniago vs Caliguri.

All-Time Favorite.

Default yes, i was for it my friend.................

not to take anything away from brandon , but as i said it's better to face a team that you can play with confidence than face teams you have had problems with all year round (tigers or ice ) as for playoff format imo, the canes are a great road team so 2-3 2 for the canes would be a good scenerio, again imo................good luck to all the teams come playoffs. ....................
    GO CANES GO.................

I think the fair in brandon starts monday march 31st, and usually a game 6 is played on a sunday...this is probaly too late given that time is needed to set up a fair...so it looks like a 2-3-2 series, which wouldnt be too bad

I think this happened between the two games many years ago and brandon played its home games in winnipeg, but im not sure if thats still an option today.

I personally wouldn't mind a 2-3-2 given the 10 hr distance plus our strong road record.

Should be an exciting series!!

Bring it on. Can't wait for game 1.

I heard that the Fair isn't using the main arena, so it will probably be a 2-2-1-1-1 series. It's all good in my books, I am thinking about heading down to Lethbridge for Games 1/2. Go Wheaties!

All-Time Favorite.

No t only do we not have to face kootenay or the hat in round 1, only one of them is going ot advance to the second round. Can't wait for game one of this baby.

Side note: Does anyone see tonights game as potentially being a goonfest? 5 20 year olds playing their last ever game in the Dub, and an Edmonton team that is done after tonight? I am a little worried for our guys, and hoping nothing stupid happens.
    vc124

I dont think it will be too bad...Edm will probably want to beat us knowing it's their last game of the yr (and for a bunch of them, their last game in the WHL). Remember this day last yr, we won 11-1 up in RD and I dont think there was too much trouble.

So hopefully we dont give up 11 goals

4-1 victory tonight! Good on the boys for the two points and more importantly imho, a solid 2 game win streak and high moral heading into the second season!! So after tonight now.... who gets the call between the pipes for game one??

Default metsola more than likely............

you have to go with the hot hand and that seem to be juha right now.....
    GO CANES GO.................