Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official Round One vs. Brandon Thread

Default Playoff Goalie

Juha should be the choice. He posted the lowest GAA in team history and was 2nd in the dub this year. He is a 1/2 goal better than Maniago which is alot. He is going to be the goto guy next year in all likelyhood in what promises to be 'our year'. I say we get him the playoff experience this year in anticipation of next year.

Default Juha

Quote Originally Posted by O&C
    4-1 victory tonight! Good on the boys for the two points and more importantly imho, a solid 2 game win streak and high moral heading into the second season!! So after tonight now.... who gets the call between the pipes for game one??
    I think Juha for sure. I would like to see a 2-3-2 series. Way less travel and no way Brandon will beat us in 5 games. We get home ice in game 6 and 7, and I will predict if that is the schedule we will win it in game 6 at home.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default Wheat Kings will win

Hurricanes have a good young team but wheat kings depth will pick teams apart in a best of 7. Hoping for a good series but seeing brandon in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK
    I think Juha for sure. I would like to see a 2-3-2 series. Way less travel and no way Brandon will beat us in 5 games. We get home ice in game 6 and 7, and I will predict if that is the schedule we will win it in game 6 at home.
    2-3-2 takes away home ice advantage, If they steal one off us at home, they could close out at home, taking away both revenues, and the advantage. On the radio they were sayig that Roy wants 2-2-1-1-1, for those reason's and I tend to agree. The former schedule, also would make our game 6 (our next home) during the week based on what Brandon was proposing with game 3 taking place on wed. instead of tues. I don;t think the travvel will factor in that much anyway. As for the tender situation, I am for Juha as well, he has been much more consistant lately, and really seems to have found his game.

For the record, we have one of the deepset teams in the league, look at the point distrubution, 4 thirty + goal scorers, two top end tenders, and as a team our +/- is ridiculous.
    Last edited by localguy; 03-17-2008 at 03:11 PM.
    vc124

Default Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by localguy
    2-3-2 takes away home ice advantage, If they steal one off us at home, they could close out at home, taking away both revenues, and the advantage.
    True, but chances are this series is going to be won in game 6 or 7. Wouldn't you want both of those games at home? If I'm the Wheat Kings, I want a chance to close in 6 at home or force 7 from home. If they go into Lethbridge down 3-2, winning both games would be very tough.
    Last edited by GlutenGlutton; 03-17-2008 at 02:16 PM.

When will they decide the format officially? I know we still have 5 days until game 1 but I want to know what evenings in the next month to not make any less important plans.

I would think that with the Royal Winter Fair competitions starting early Monday morning, the latest date for Brandon's game 6 would be Friday, maybe Saturday the 29th depending on how long it takes them to switch it from an arena to a show jumping venue. Just makes for tighter travel.

Quote Originally Posted by GlutenGlutton
    True, but chances are this series is going to be won in game 6 or 7. Wouldn't you want both of those games at home? If I'm the Wheat Kings, I want a chance to close in 6 at home or force 7 from home. If they go into Lethbridge down 3-2, winning both games would be very tough.

For the redord, I am calling (hoping for) the Canes in 5, and I would like to see them wrap it up at home.
    vc124

Default Next year??

Why all this talk about next year? Win when you have a chance. In hockey (and life) so many things can happen. The Canes have a great shot this season, thinking ahead to next year is absurd. Goaltending question is a great 1. I agree you can't argue with Juha's numbers I just think you play a hunch, play the veteran and start Manny in game 1. If he's not good enough then you go to Juha. Good spot to have Juha ready to come in if needed....

TR

Default Don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by GlutenGlutton
    Hurricanes have a good young team but wheat kings depth will pick teams apart in a best of 7. Hoping for a good series but seeing brandon in 6.
    Lethbridge has more depth than Brandon. We have to leave 3 or 4 guys out of the lineup every night. I think you are underestimating the Canes. I appreciate Brandon has a good young club and will not be pushovers. Having said that, I won't be terribly surprised to see it end in 5 for us. Not saying it will as it will probably go 6 or 7. If you see the real Canes show up every game, you will be hard pressed to stay in the series.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 03-17-2008 at 04:26 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.