Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official Round One vs. Brandon Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK
    Lethbridge has more depth than Brandon. We have to leave 3 or 4 guys out of the lineup every night. I think you are underestimating the Canes. I appreciate Brandon has a good young club and will not be pushovers. Havng said that I won't be terribly surprised to see it end in 5 for us. Not saying it will as it will probably go 6 or 7 but if you see the real Canes show up every game, you will be hard pressed to stay in the series.

The difference is, we can look at things objectively, whereas in Brandon, it seems that or the most part rose colored glasses are readily available. Am I guaranteeing that we will win? I couldn't possibly, nor am I saying hat Brandon is bad. I just think that Brandon is 1 year behind the Canes right now as far as having a powerhouse. Just my opinion, but statistically, it is what I see.
    vc124

Lethbridge has more depth than Brandon. We have to leave 3 or 4 guys out of the lineup every night. I think you are underestimating the Canes. I appreciate Brandon has a good young club and will not be pushovers. Havng said that I won't be terribly surprised to see it end in 5 for us. Not saying it will as it will probably go 6 or 7 but if you see the real Canes show up every game, you will be hard pressed to stay in the series.
    I think most teams in the league would be watching this discussion and laughing in the same way they'd laugh at the Dodge Viper and Corvette owners arguing over who has the better car.

I could say the same thing about the "real" Wheat Kings. Wait until you see the level the Wheat Kings' third line is playing at before being too certain that your Corvette can take us off the line

It comes down to how you define depth. Brandon has players on its third line playing like they deserve to be on a first line but there just isn't room for them. If all lines are going and they get decent goaltending, there isn't a team they can't win 4 out of 7 with. I'm sure you can say the same thing about the Canes, which is what makes this such an intriguing series and a shame that one team will be golfing in 2 weeks.

Lethbridge doesnt have more depth than Brandon.

All-Time Favorite.

Default Why we will win

I think we will win in 6 and "maybe" 5 not because I am a homer but we beat you in almost every category this year.
    #1 We had a tuffer schedule having to play the Ice, Hitmen, and the Hat about 25 times and all of those teams finished ahead of you, and of course so did we. Don't be fooled by being within 6 points. Reverse our schedules and I will say that point difference would be more like 12-14.
    #2 Goal differential. Canes +70....Brandon +44
    #3 Much better road record and scored the most goals in the entire Dub on the road @ 136 . Shows we can play anyone, any style, anywhere and win. Canes 23-11-1-1.....Brandon 16-15-2. Winning on the road shows a mature, deep, well balanced team ready to play every game.
    #4 Much better goalie numbers Metsola 1.96 GAA and .914 Save Percentage.....Caligiuri 2.73 GAA and .897 save percentage.
    #5 O/T record Canes 7-6....Brandon 5-6
    #6 Our top line is one of the absolute best in the entire league wit all of them plus 30 goals. I think we have more depth and overall balance than you. We even have a 34 goal scorer on our second line, which at times plays like a number one line.
    #7 Again the depth/balanced attack thing. Almost every player on our team was a plus player and you have more minus and barely plus players.
    #8 Of course we have home ice advantage and your road record is average.
    Anything can happen in the playoffs but any reasonable hockey person will pick the Canes hands down.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

[QUOTE=dagley]Lethbridge doesnt have more depth than Brandon.[/QUOTE

You have 2 good lines, and you are minus one of your top d-men. Look at the team stats my friend, ask around the league (I mean people that aren't in Brandon). We shall see what happens.
    vc124

Quote Originally Posted by GlutenGlutton
    I think most teams in the league would be watching this discussion and laughing in the same way they'd laugh at the Dodge Viper and Corvette owners arguing over who has the better car.

I could say the same thing about the "real" Wheat Kings. Wait until you see the level the Wheat Kings' third line is playing at before being too certain that your Corvette can take us off the line

It comes down to how you define depth. Brandon has players on its third line playing like they deserve to be on a first line but there just isn't room for them. If all lines are going and they get decent goaltending, there isn't a team they can't win 4 out of 7 with. I'm sure you can say the same thing about the Canes, which is what makes this such an intriguing series and a shame that one team will be golfing in 2 weeks.
    No, they would be laughing at your boldness, and bias.
    vc124

Quote Originally Posted by localguy
    No, they would be laughing at your boldness, and bias.

Or would they be laughing at a few of a team's fans lulling themselves into a false sense of security over a 6 point difference over a team that played half of its season seriously injured. Hope for your boys' and the series' sake that that's not the case in the Canes' room.

(Also I don't want my last post taken the wrong way. I was trying to think of two cars that I see as both being the type that most people could only dream of)
    Last edited by GlutenGlutton; 03-17-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlutenGlutton

Or would they be laughing at a few of a team's fans lulling themselves into a false sense of security over a 6 point difference over a team that played half of its season seriously injured. Hope for your boys' and the series' sake that that's not the case in the Canes' room.

(Also I don't want my last post taken the wrong way. I was trying to think of two cars that I see as both being the type that most people could only dream of)
    I know personally i have zero problems with the context of your post. I read you loud and clear. I am loving the little rivalry we have going on here already! Both sides strongly believe that their team will win the series and im all for it. I will be interested to find out how the Brandon D can stand up to the Canes forwards and just recently surging PP. Is Brandon a good team...yes, but the Canes are a VERY deep team and i kid you not when i say that. Without a doubt the Canes can throw out 4 lines that can ALL score goals. This team can live, and live well may i add, without the number 1 line. All i can say is BIO line baby....

We have 2 good lines? We actually have three with the Fehr/Bartek/Green line, our 4th line is as physical as any in the league. No team this season has been able to handle Brandons depth. Do you put your top d pair against the rookie line, which nobody has been able to shut them down this season, or do you put them against the veteran line of Lowry/Clark/Dittmer. I think you'll be surprised how big of a grind this series is. All be it our division is rather weak, this teams a lot better than you think. I'm not sitting here saying Lethbridge is bad, cause they obviously are not. This is the match up I wanted, or either Regina.

All-Time Favorite.

I think we will win in 6 and "maybe" 5 not because I am a homer but we beat you in almost every category this year.
    #1 We had a tuffer schedule having to play the Ice, Hitmen, and the Hat about 25 times and all of those teams finished ahead of you, and of course so did we. Don't be fooled by being within 6 points. Reverse our schedules and I will say that point difference would be more like 12-14.
    #2 Goal differential. Canes +70....Brandon +44
    #3 Much better road record and scored the most goals in the entire Dub on the road @ 136 . Shows we can play anyone, any style, anywhere and win. Canes 23-11-1-1.....Brandon 16-15-2. Winning on the road shows a mature, deep, well balanced team ready to play every game.
    #4 Much better goalie numbers Metsola 1.96 GAA and .914 Save Percentage.....Caligiuri 2.73 GAA and .897 save percentage.
    #5 O/T record Canes 7-6....Brandon 5-6
    #6 Our top line is one of the absolute best in the entire league wit all of them plus 30 goals. I think we have more depth and overall balance than you. We even have a 34 goal scorer on our second line, which at times plays like a number one line.
    #7 Again the depth/balanced attack thing. Almost every player on our team was a plus player and you have more minus and barely plus players.
    #8 Of course we have home ice advantage and your road record is average.
    Anything can happen in the playoffs but any reasonable hockey person will pick the Canes hands down.

is that suppose to scare us ? because all i did was laugh at that, you know why? because all those stats are from the REGULAR SEASON. This is the PLAYOFFS. brandon makes the playoffs every year and for a young team we still have more playoff experience than you guys. Also, with Kelly McCrimmon behind our bench i am pretty confident. Yes Lethbridge is talented, but so are we, so you can shove those stats where the sun dont shine and get a grip and realize this is playoffs my friend. Lethbridge in 5? pfff