Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1st round match up against Broncos

Iconwhl 1st round match up against Broncos

Well after our 3-2 loss in the dieing seconds against Brandon leaves us playing the Broncos for the 2nd straight year in the 1st round. As the Broncos lost 5-4 to the Warriors.

I have said all along it doesnt matter who we play in the 1st round i dont see any series being done quick.

The Broncos have alot of speed and some top end talent with Smith, Wudrick, Weise and Dansereau. As well as a pest that we all got to love last playoffs in Nelson. The backend is soild as well lead by Wilson, Stamler with depth guys Dudas, McAvoy. Yonkman was soild last year between the pipes against us also so there is no push over between the pipes for the Broncos, I have never seen there backup play so dont know much on him at all besides he has a long last name. lol

Some noteable stats on the Broncos roster

Smith 72GP 22G 48A 70PTS +31 136PIM
    Nelson 67GP 25G 36A 61PTS +23 152PIM
    Felde 72GP 25G 32A 57PTS 0 38PIM
    Dansereau 63GP 22G 34A 56PTS +22 48PIM
    Weise 53GP 29G 21A 50PTS +8 84PIM

** the Broncos produced 7 20 goal scorers, plus 4 players +20 or higher**

Doyle 70GP 10G 38A 48PTS +15 43PIM
    Wilson 64GP 6G 41A 47PTS +26 28PIM
    Dudas 52GP 5G 30A 35PTS -5 106PIM (+12 w/SC)
    Stamler 71GP 4G 22A 26PTS -15 138PIM (+3 w/SC)

**3 defencemen with 35+ points**

Yonkman 31W 19L 0OTL 6SL 3SO .909SV% 2.67GAA

** both SV% and GAA better then Rowat's** (not by much though)

Should be a great series, may be heading back up to SC for at least 1 of the games in SC.

Go Broncos!

All-Time Favorite.

Home advantage is going to be huge for us. We have taken 5 points out of 6 against the broncos at home this season, while only getting 2 of 6 on the road.

Its going to come down to goaltending. These teams are different, yet close, and if Rowat can be reliable in net, this team should stand a better chance of winning the series. We are going to need some of our guys to step up, as they are going to really target the top line. Watts line is doing fine, but we also need the Hill line to be consistant as well.

Good to see guys like Strueby and Teubert take their games up a notch, now we just need Depape to do the same. I really hope the kid is saving it for playoffs, because he hasnt done all that much yet. He is supposed to be a key player on this team, and if he can step up, that changes everything.

We need to ware them down with our physical paly, and we cant be caught flat footed with their speedier forwards like Felde and Nelson. It should be an exciting series, and I hope the fact that we have unfinished business with the broncos(as they do with us) should motivate us to show up with our A game. I think that if we can play like we did during the last few games (incoming controversial comment . . .), that we can take these guys out in 5 or 6.

and just a heads up that Jordan Weal's NW giants were eliminated from playoff contention today, and there is a chance he could play for the pats in this series, or even in the first game. That can only help us, though Im not sure if he can get used to this level of play yet, nevermind playoffs with a rival team. We might have to take it easy for a little bit with him rather than throwing him in the fray right away.

This is assuming the pats call him up, of course....He was a 100 point player in midget this year(almost 40 more points than the second highest scorer), so I would like to think he would perhaps provide some secondary scoring if he does come. It can only help!

Quote Originally Posted by dagley
    Go Broncos!
    Go Canes!
    Last edited by Some_Arrogant_Jerk; 03-16-2008 at 02:24 AM.

Default Would have been nice to get brandon but...

The broncos shouldn't take much longer to beat. Pats in 6 again this year it looks like. The Pats will be more determined and will play better than they ever did in the regular season. They brought the players in for a reason this year and i think you should see a focused group that goes out there and gets the job done. The only thing that will possibly hurt us is the refs b/c everyone knows they all hate the Pats but hey i would too if Parker came and yelled at me after every game.

Quote Originally Posted by CJSenterprise4
    The only thing that will possibly hurt us is the refs b/c everyone knows they all hate the Pats but hey i would too if Parker came and yelled at me after every game.
    Is this a set up for an excuse if we beat you? lol!

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dagley
    Go Broncos!
    I wonder how many people outside Regina are cheering for the Pats?

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

safe bet to say 35,000 plus in the jaw are cheering for the broncos..and to go further i would say everyone in saskatchewan minus citizens of regina will be cheering the broncos, start making t-shirts in regina saying us agaisnt the world..lol

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by wardog fan
    start making t-shirts in regina saying us agaisnt the world..lol

I must say that was a fantastic post wardog lmao

I am definately cheering for my team, cuz really what kind of fan would i be if i wasnt but to tell you the truth, i have this feeling the Broncos are going to knock us out. The only team i didnt want to face in the 1st round were these Broncos, we havent been to great against them this season in my eyes. The Broncos use their speed well and really put the forecheck on the defence, the Broncos (and everyother team in the WHL) knows that Rowat is brutal at playing the puck, dump the puck in make him play it and come with a hard forecheck. The Broncos will get in on Rowat faster then any team in the WHL, if he can make smart decision's when playing the puck we will be ok, but i hardly see that happening.

Teubert, Bender and Bartley are going to have to be extremely physical on their forwards. Our PK is definately going to need to pick it up. Our last 8 games of the season we have played well, yes we lost our last game, Bosch gave us a chance right til the end. What more can you ask of ur goaltender? Giving up a goal with 24 seconds left to ice the regular season. We have been playing playoff hockey now for awhile and jsut these last few games have we looked like we were suppose to with a big strong team.

As for a guy like Weal, look for him to be called up by the end of the day or 1st thing Monday morning. Hunt wants to get this guy into the line up. I wouldnt be surprised if Hunt makes DePape a healthy scratch to get Weal into the line up. Depape has NOT lived up to expectations. In the game on friday night was really the 1st game where i got really pissed off at Depape for his lazy play in a playoff type game. If Weal wants to put a effort in Hunt wont hesitate to insert him into the line up. Heck you could see Weal on the 2nd PP unit, the organization is that high on this 15 yr old kid. If not Depape out of the line up Kulchar will definately be watching instead of playing forward.

I wish we could just jump the week to friday night already, i am pumped to start this series.

Quote Originally Posted by wardog fan
    safe bet to say 35,000 plus in the jaw are cheering for the broncos..and to go further i would say everyone in saskatchewan minus citizens of regina will be cheering the broncos, start making t-shirts in regina saying us agaisnt the world..lol
    Funny Stuff But very True... Broncos Ice the pats In 6.

Default Not getting ready for excuses...

Won't need to. Hey everyone can cheer for swift thats cool with me. I guess nobody wants the Pats next round if they are cheering for Swift to get through. And by the way i don't think th Warriors are going far..they choked down the stretch and have to face the Hitmen now. I'd like to see the warriors pull it out and i am also cheering for the wheat kings to win their series.