Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to the Americans!!

Mestery was at much as fault for getting hit the way he did. He came in high on Bruton while they were racing for the loose puck; Bruton just crashed into him in kind. Mestery should learn to be steadier on his feet if he's going to challenge smaller players.

He looked like a doofus on that play for sure.

that call was a good call. it was one of 8 penalties in the game.... each and every one of those was a blatent penalty. plain and simple those refs let the small stuff go last as they should have. to say anyone checking someone and then following through with a glove to the guys face shouldn't be a penalty then you must wear rose tinted glasses. bruton made a great check on mestery and that part should have been and was let go. when he takes his right hand, puts it in mestery's face and shoves mestery over with it that HAS TO BE CALLED. if the ref let that go it would have turned into a bigger situation. bruton really didn't even argue the call he knew what he did. as far as the ams fans around homer saying it was pathetic, i don't get where they didn't feel it was a penalty. the refs were letting lots of things go (in a game like that that's the way to do it) but that was just too obvious to let slide. i'll see if i can get a copy of it from my buddy with comcast on demand because i have DISH, if i can get a copy of it i'll post it to youtube so you can rewatch the hit yourself lol. it was very obvious Bruton used his right hand in mestery's face to knock him off his feet, sure mestery lost an edge but hey good luck to anyone staying on there feet if a strong guy is pushing at your face. i know you for one couldn't keep your edge if bruton was pushing at you, nor could i.

as far as the officials hosing spokane on calls in the game you won't convince me brutons penalty was a bad call BUT that trip that Glass got called for was a horrible call. We dove all the way. In fact McCauley got a few congrats from the bench on that which i did not like to see.

oh btw a definition of roughing from wikipedia:

Roughing is an offense and penalty in ice hockey when two players are in a minor altercation. The incident would have to be minor for either player to be categorized as such an offense such as:

A) player striking another opponent
    B) goalie uses their equipment to punch an opponent

Bruton clearly struck Mestery with unneccessary force to "finish" his check. Had he not extended his arm forward and pushed Mestery down AFTER he had already made a great check he would have been fine. Pretty much when it comes to checking you're usually allowed to make contact once. The initial contact is usually OK but if you continue to push after the initial hit you rarely get away with it.

Well...maybe it had something to do with the fact that the call happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!

well apparently we'll never see eye to eye on this call. HOMERsimpson appears to be a HOMER. i managed to see the hit again...... bruton actually kinda swung. either way a chiefs fan won't admit they did wrong and an ams fan won't admit bruton did right.

either way we're beating a dead horse. the call was made by a pair of refs who let alot of things go, so as i said obviously it was something. either way we won and it's time to move to playoff talk.

good luck chiefs please beat everett because i don't wanna play them again!

I dont know Tri Fan, I was there too and it looked like he lost an edge to me. Really its a mute point since we failed to convert on that power play and since the Chiefs were awarded with a make up call just a few minutes later on a weak penalty.

Default A Weak Call Each Way

The Bruton roughing was weak. The Macaulay hold on Falk was weak...as was the Macaulay hooking on Ruth-a-Turd (I believe). All in all, I thought the refs did a good job. The action was fast and they kept it even (3 PPs each) and let the players decide the game. With the job we have seen guys like Papp do, they did a fine job and showed why they earned the assignment.

mestery did lose an edge.... he was losing an edge from the GREAT check by bruton..... as i've said multiple times though (i had probably one of the best views in the house on it from section c) and it was VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY clear that bruton made the check, a really great clean hit, and then took his right arm up off of his hockey stick and finished mestery off by shoving his right hand through mesterys head thus resulting in mestery actually falling completely.

sure he was already off balance, sure there was other rough stuff that go let go but bruton has a bad rep (ask beach what happens when you lead your team in suspensions---- the refs watch you every game) and most refs will single him out for anything they can. he cleary used force to push mestery over after he made the first check and after the puck wasn't playable. roughing, interference. either one would fit the situation.

i'll be honest though i watched it again on my friends dvr and it wasn't as bad as i thought it was at the time. honestly i kinda thought he was taking a swing before my 3rd look at it. all he was TRYING to do was finish his beautiful hit and take our d-man out of the play. he just went up to high with his glove to the face and usually you can't get away with those.

on a note about bruton that made me think. when Beach put his glove in bruton's face Beach got TKO'd with a gloved punch. Bruton throws his glove in Mestery's face (sure it was during the actual play BUT the action/motion of what bruton did mirrors what beach did to him and it was very similar in the amount of force used) and everyone says it didn't deserve a 2 minute penalty. Yet everyone was so quick to defend Bruton for cold-clocking Beach for a remotely similar type of action. NONSENSE

Iconwhl I think that your right on

Quote Originally Posted by AmsPhotos
    The Bruton roughing was weak. The Macaulay hold on Falk was weak...as was the Macaulay hooking on Ruth-a-Turd (I believe). All in all, I thought the refs did a good job. The action was fast and they kept it even (3 PPs each) and let the players decide the game. With the job we have seen guys like Papp do, they did a fine job and showed why they earned the assignment.
    There is not much more to say about the calls. I was not pleased with the 5 on 3 call but we gutted it out! The Chiefs could have VERY EASILY made two goal there but they did not! The fact of the mattrer is that in the end the AMS made good on their chances and the Chiefs did not. THe Chiefs had about 4-6 GREAT, GREAT, GREAT scoring chances but Pickard was there. The team that wanted the win more won the game. BOTH and I mean BOTH teams played their guts out! In the 3rd the Chiefs sent a very clear message that they were there to win. They came at the AMS like the tide comming in! Wave after wave!!! It just scaired the crap out of me!!!!!! There was not a person in the building that was not on the edge of their seat. dancing pi

I've seen hundreds of games and this one blew the doors off them all!!!
    You're not yourself today...
    I noticed the improvement immediately!

First off I want to say WOW never would I ever think that I would feel bad for the chiefs but I do! They played an outstanding game and just came out with the short end of the stick as far as the score. They both deserved the win I believe. The Bruton hit didn't look like much so that was kinda stupid. I am extremely happy we FINALLY get to hang a banner in the building! I think that the turning point of the game was when the Ams turned away the Chiefs on that 5-3 Powerplay they had! That was a great effort! Nice job Spokane and goodluck in the playoffs i am sure you will do great! Congrats AMS!!!!!!!!!!!! applause