Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Congrats to the Americans!!

We were discussing the TRI vs Blazers matchup the other night and this is my thought. Before you crucify me, please understand that this is NOT an educated guess based on me having my face planted in front of a screen with a few hours of film play on the Blazers. This is strictly from a fans perspective. My take on these guys is that they are big, and they are physical and they like it that way. IF the AMs can take them in the first 4 games and then have time to regroup it will be fine. If the Blazers manage to drag this thing out to game 7 then I think that we might, MIGHT, be looking at a really tired, beaten up AMs team. I don't think that that description will exclude Chet unless some of the guys spend a lot more time in front of Chet taking care of him. Chet is a big goalie but he has nowhere to go but on his heiney without some help. Just a thought. I know you have beaten them before but you haven't had to beat them over and over and over again. It's a whole new ball game now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelchild
    We were discussing the TRI vs Blazers matchup the other night and this is my thought. Before you crucify me, please understand that this is NOT an educated guess based on me having my face planted in front of a screen with a few hours of film play on the Blazers. This is strictly from a fans perspective. My take on these guys is that they are big, and they are physical and they like it that way. IF the AMs can take them in the first 4 games and then have time to regroup it will be fine. If the Blazers manage to drag this thing out to game 7 then I think that we might, MIGHT, be looking at a really tired, beaten up AMs team. I don't think that that description will exclude Chet unless some of the guys spend a lot more time in front of Chet taking care of him. Chet is a big goalie but he has nowhere to go but on his heiney without some help. Just a thought. I know you have beaten them before but you haven't had to beat them over and over and over again. It's a whole new ball game now!
    This is a very, very educated assessment of that Kamloops team. Just look at the names and compare their size to the Ams players. There's quite a size difference there, and if Kamloops plays the way everyone thought they would at the beginning of the season, the Ams could be in for a long series.

Quote Originally Posted by TriFan2005
    well apparently we'll never see eye to eye on this call. HOMERsimpson appears to be a HOMER. i managed to see the hit again...... bruton actually kinda swung. either way a chiefs fan won't admit they did wrong and an ams fan won't admit bruton did right.

either way we're beating a dead horse. the call was made by a pair of refs who let alot of things go, so as i said obviously it was something. either way we won and it's time to move to playoff talk.

good luck chiefs please beat everett because i don't wanna play them again!
    I'm not blasting all of the calls...I've not even said anything about the Trevor Glass call. Not to mention some of your brethren are agreeing with what I said. It was a bad call --- it happens. It does not make up for the fact that our PP couldn't convert and our PK couldn't stop you guys on that shift. I was simply stating what was true --- it was a BAD call. Before you start bashing, do a little more research.

All in all, good game, and congrats to the Ams. It's been a long time coming for you guys and if it can't be us, I'd most rather it be you guys than Everett, Seattle or Portland.

Here's to meeting 7 more times in the Western Finals vci34

Iconcup

I've deen meaning to say congrats to the Americans and their fans for a few days now, but haven't found the time! Since Spokane didn't win the US division, I'm glad it was Tri-City that did (to be honest I really didn't care about winning the Division, I just wanted Spokane to get the top seed so they didn't have to play Everett in the first round...again... vc124 ) But this is something that was long overdue, so enjoy it, but not too much as I will be extremely disappointed if Spokane makes the conference finals and the Americans aren't the team at the other end.

Good luck against Kamloops, though even with bad luck you guys should still soundly beat them.

I am really hoping to see you guys in the Confference finals! WOW that would be like the funnest thing ever and I could go to all the games! So make sure you guys keep winning but maybe let up when we meet a bit? I just hope we keep winning to! What a series that would be and a shame if it didn't go to overtime game 7! GO AMS GO!!!

ya know honestly kamloops style of play does worry me BUT we have faired pretty well against the bigger teams this season. Kelowna, Brandon, Regina, and Kamloops to name a few. as far as Kamloops dragging out the series i really hope they don't a 4 game sweep would be awesome but I really doubt we can go up north and steal 2 games all though we only lost 3 games to the BC total, 2 of which being road games (1 to Kamloops )

as far as meeting Spokane in the finals I would rather see Vancouver because we can beat Vancouver for sure but i would love the actual series between chiefs and ams because it'd be rocking for 7 games.

like i've said over and over though PLEASE PLEASE do not lose to everett. thats the only team with a winning record against us this year and there is no way we'd beat them in a series.

i guess though we never know and we can't get too far ahead of round 1 because it really is a whole new season come the 21st
    Tri-City Americans 2008 WHL Regular Season Champions! vci34

The regular season really doesn't matter when it comes to palyoffs! The playoffs are a whole new season where the worst team can be a real threat and just because we have struggled against the tips this year doesn't mean that we can't and won't win the series! I would be much more worries about the talented Chiefs than the Tips! I am still hoping that we meet the chiefs in the final though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ams4life
    The regular season really doesn't matter when it comes to palyoffs! The playoffs are a whole new season where the worst team can be a real threat and just because we have struggled against the tips this year doesn't mean that we can't and won't win the series! I would be much more worries about the talented Chiefs than the Tips! I am still hoping that we meet the chiefs in the final though!
    THANK YOU for saying that. I'm glad at least 1 person understands it. It was hard to tell when we were down there for the finale whether you guys had just won the regular season or if you had just won the Memorial Cup the way alot of the fans around us were gloating around.

It's a whole new ballgame now, folks.

Well I think that a lot of fans where like that maybe me myself even just because its 21 years in the making and we were being very appreciative to the way this team has played this year!

Understandable really. Quite frankly I was more excited for that game with TRI than I am for this first playoff game against Everett. For some reason that whole game felt more personal, more important , more on the line just more something. It was a great game. I was sure disappointed for our guys but you guys played a great game. Chet was absolutely incredible in net and we had more than one missed opportunity. That's way it works sometimes. It is great for your organization to fianlly have something tangible - that elusive banner - to hang in your barn. Now we move on and I sure hope we see you guys again in the second round. Now let's play clrkth