Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blazers/americans

Default Blazers/americans

Obviously we dominated the game as far as offense last night but I sure hope that our guys began to hit a little more. Kamloops is all about the hits and some of it almost seems like they are a very dirty team. Maybe they have already given up so the figure well if we can't beat them then lets hurt them. I don't know but a lot of fans from other teams seem to think that Kamloops is also a dirty team! PS.....Nice Win Chiefs!

looks like kamploops had 13 penalties, leading to 10 power plays for tri... did anyone tell them this is the playoffs?

Lol I don't think they really care all that much. Just seems like they are ready to pack up and go home for the summer! I just don't get it though because its not impossible for them to win. Playing undisciplined really hurts a team.

They really have nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain if in the first couple games they can really bang up some of your key players and have them playing at anything less than 100%. Even if you have the worse record in the league things change when you are on home ice if you can get the crowd behind you. One game left in your barn and then they take you to theirs.

I said from the get go that they were going to try to use you guys for punching bags and you were going to have to spend the majority of your time trying to stay out of their way. The alternative is a game like last night and that wouldn't be my first option for your team or mine.

Good luck tonight guys. Don't let them keep you in the box with them. When they drop the gloves - blow them a kisss and skate off - then the problem is all theirs!

Ams2Fan Guest

I actually thought the Ams gave it back pretty fairly. It seemed like the first period was a lot of "feeling each other out" and once the Ams realized that that is the kind of game the Blazers were going to play they stepped up their physicality. I mean, even Lazo threw a pretty good check out there last night! Also, when it game down to good old fashioned fighting, I thought McColm landed more punches giving him the edge in his tilt. I couldn't see Schmidt's very well, but my husband gave him the edge too.

Don't worry too much about it. Kamloops may be wanting to throw their bodies around, but they aren't that big and our boys can take care of themselves. People seem to be so worried about our boys getting beaten up, but they have been the same size all year and have been for the most part, injury free.

So, GREAT win last night. I'm hoping to see more of the same (from OUR guys, not that garbage Kamloops was throwing out) tonight!

Default Just a question AMs2

Have you ever had to play Kamloops four games in a row? Maybe more if they can pull out a win? And do NOT let Johnny get hurt! I am still working on a way to adopt him and move him to Spokane where he will be more appreciated! LOL! Anyway, I would have felt the same way about our team last year but this year they have been a lot more physical than they were last year. They are a lot better at hitting and avoiding than they were last year. Just me being overly cautious. It always makes me a little nervous to play teams that look like they are out to hurt someone - anyone. You know they are going to go after your big players (sounds like Colton got hit at least once last night pretty hard) and if you count on your one line to do the majority of your scoring that could hurt. Not to mention you just don't want to see anyone get hurt. However - good luck tonight.

Nice elbow from Gauthier to Stoklasa and then drops the gloves to fight him. This series could get very ugly when the games get out of hand and Kamloops decided to get some revenge. Heard the coaches were going at it behind the bench and Hawgood was getting a rubbing from behind the bench from the Ams fans, didnt see any of that but that elbow was a doozie. I said it from the beginning , Ams need 1 or 2 more big bodies up front to keep the physical teams play honest. McColm and Schmidt can hold there own but after that it gets real dicey. Lets hope the Ams get rid of Kamloops quick and painless....
    Last edited by Tinner; 03-23-2008 at 06:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Gauthier.......

This guy is a tool. I think Westie said it best "tough guys fight tough guys" Gauthier has gone after Stoklasa both nights. A Euro that has never dropped the gloves in his life and was trying not to the first game. I watched Gauthier skate away from McColm on 3 occasions last night.

I also watched their captain Wasden trying to start something with another one of our bruisers .......16 year old Adam Hughsman!

Thats okay Blazers keep it up! We don't possess a lot of toughness on our team but truth be told NEITHER DO YOU!! You just have a bunch of wanna be tough guys!

You keep gooning it up and in the mean time we will keep running the score up.

Buddy

If their tough guys want to fight, and they have a day off ... Letts has not had a fight in a week or so, send them to a Spokane practice for a whoopin'!

Smile Im Sorry But

The only way for them to make it to Spokane again this year would be for us to lose 4 of the last 5 games with them and I just don't see that happening....LOL

Buddy