Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kelowna or Seattle

Default Kelowna or Seattle

I hope that it turns out to be Kelowna because Seattle has really given us a run all year long. It should be a little more exciting series than the last one. Whoever we play I am not expecting to sweep it either because both teams are good quality teams! What team does everyone else want us to face?

Default Seattle

1. I like the natural rivalry of playing another US team

2. One word........."TRAVEL"

3. Playoffs are a much more physical game than the regular season and I
    believe Kelowna takes a bigger toll on us physically than Seattle will in a
    long series.

4. I believe we can beat either team as we proved in the regular season, but
    we need to bring our A game which I dont believe we did on consistant
    basis against Kamloops.

5. It will be much easier for me to catch a game in Seattle than Kelowna

Buddy

wheels1 Guest

I think Seattle. Only from a travel standpoint like buddy mentioned. Travel probably wouldn't affect until games 5,6, and 7. The really both teams are playing an away game as both would have to travel..

Good Luck to the boys. We need to play full games and not just the 3rd period like we did the last couple of games.

Default Pretty Much a Toss Up

Physical Standpoint - Pretty much even - People seem to be forgetting that Seattle has Scott Jackson, Benn Olson and Ian McKenzie. Brady Leavold presents a little different wrinkle because he can skate well, but Scott Jackson is as much of a physical checking force as anyone on either team.

Offensive Explosiveness - Slight Edge to Kelowna - They scored more goals than Seattle and didn't have one of their top snipers (Jamie Benn) had some injury problems.

Defensive Stoppers - Slight Edge to Seattle - Hickey, Jackson, Olson and Acolate get an edge over Myers, Barrie, Schenn and Dowzak. Kelowna is a bit stronger in the 5/6 slot though.

Goaltending - Edge to Seattle - Both have a capable 1/2 punch, its just that both of Seattle's are a little bit better.

6th Man - Edge to Kelowna - Might look even since both have won both games on visiting ice, but if Kelowna takes the series and fans start to come alive Prospera Place is a tougher place to play by far. They already are out drawing Seattle by 2K per game in a venue that seats 1/3 the people.

I'd like to see Seattle play Tri-City. For as down as the US divsion was for awhile it would be nice to see 3 of the 4 teams in the WCSF be from the States. I think a Thunderbird/Americans series would be more entertaining and go longer than as Americans/Rockets series would. No disrespect to the Rockets, but they are just too young this season, imo.

Did I mention I could go see a couple games in Seattle if they are still alive next round?

I would rather play Kelowna.

Offensively, they are about even. Both teams can play physical. Goaltending is where my concern is.

Seattle's tandem is a better 1-2 punch than Kelowna's. Just look at the goals against. A series against Seattle would be more of a low scoring affair, while I think Kelowna will be a little more wide-open style, similar to the Kamloops series.

Kelowna vs. Tri City would be a matchup of two of the top offensive teams in the 'dub. Would create a whole lot of exciting up and down hockey for you guys...plus, you don't want to play Seattle...even I don't enjoy watching the T-Birds, and I'll watch almost any hockey game.

I'm with Stay-Puft on this one. I'd like to see the Rockets in Round two. Seattle has given us fits all year. Also, as much as we have seen Seattle this year they know our offense much better than Kelowna. The second half of the year it seemed Spokane and Seattle both were figuring out how to clog our passing lanes and shut down our offense pretty consistantly. I'd feel more confident in a series with Kelowna.

Iconwhl

Well, given the score of tonight's game I think kelowna fell asleep.... I would like to see Seattle take this round... just cause I like the goalers... Now watching Everett muddle through this round is painful... and I will watch any hockey.

i would really like to see kelowna as an americans fan.

reason being kelowna didn't beat us all year if i recall. seattle though had our number a few nights and that series where seattle embarrased the boys last year is still fresh in my mind.

as far as tough places to play yah kelowna is a tough place BUT the americans can win there. seattle gave us trouble when we were up there this season. it's just an odd rink to play on and is hard to get used to.

as far as physicality and who would have a toll on us i think both teams are very very physical and as kelowna proved the last time we played them here they aren't afraid of intimidating anyone by crashing the net or taking liberties on players. seattle is just as capable though. i remember last year scott jackson was being his usual physical presence all series and it really had it's effect. mckinzie and olson can be just as physical though.

bottom line we can beat either team if we play how we did vs kamloops. minus the 2nd period of tuesdays game and it was a very dominating effort from what i saw. i really liked how the boys stepped up in front of pickard and showed they weren't going to be pushed around. stoklassa's fight in game 1 was a big part of that as well. we definitely need to work on the road powerplay if we want to go anywhere though especially since seattle and kelowna will take lots of penalties vs us.
    Tri-City Americans 2008 WHL Regular Season Champions! vci34