Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official Round Two vs. Kootenay Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hurricaneflag7
    Right on shushu....your exactly right, the regular season has nothing to do with the playoffs.
    Welcome to the boards Hurricaneflag!!

Default Ya

Quote Originally Posted by O&C
    Welcome to the boards Hurricaneflag!!
    The more the merrier. Have fun and spew your inner most thoughts...lol
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK
    OK, are the Canes gonna beat the Ice? Yes, 4 games to 3 with each team winning one on the road. Get ready for a home ice win in a fantastic game 7!!!!!!!!!!
    Statiscally we match up or beat them every which way.............except of course in victories. Some people say the regular season means nothing but in this case the 5-1 advantage Ice really does mean nothing. We outplayed them in many of the games but for numerous reasons we did not win. Remember the first game..............we were up 4-0 and the Canes totally quit playing, and they came back to win 5-4. We lost the 4th game (New Years eve) badly and some say it was our worst played game of the year. We had just come off 2 huge games against Calgary (having pounded them in the second game) and maybe were happy with ourselves; and after all it was New Years eve. We lost 4 games by 1 goal so those were very close. The Hurricanes outshot them in almost every game but Lazaruk outplayed Manny by a lot. The last 2 games we had Juha in net and outplayed them by quite a bit in both. Those last 2 games are more indicitave of what the Canes can and will bring in the playoffs. The shots in the last 2 games were 71-45 Canes and the goal tally was 8-3 Canes.
    THE MAIN REASON WE WERE 1-5 IS BOYCHUK AND SBISA DID NOT PLAY IN 3 OF THE GAMES (World Juniors) AND NIETHER DID METSOLA PLAY IN THOSE GAMES. Arguably those 3 players were our top players against the Wheat Kings in the playoffs and as such will make the difference in this series. Yes the Ice have Maxwell back but I'll take our 3 against their 1 player, of those that missed a lot of games against each other.

SEASON SERIES 5-1 KOOTENAY

09-28 = Kootenay 5 at Lethbridge 4
    12-14 = Kootenay 4 at Lethbridge 3
    12-15 = Lethbridge 3 at Kootenay 4
    12-31 = Lethbridge 2 at Kootenay 5
    02-12 = Kootenay 1 at Lethbridge 7
    03-12 = Lethbridge 1 at Kootenay 2

GOALS = ICE 21 CANES 20

SHOTS = CANES 199 ICE 164

GP G A PTS PIM +/-
    Mitch Fadden 6 5 4 9 12 +2
    Dwight King 6 4 5 9 2 +3
    Zach Boychuk 3 2 4 6 8 +2
    Nicholas Hotson 5 2 4 6 0 +3
    Jeff May 2 0 4 4 5 E
    Colton Sceviour 5 3 0 3 6 +3
    Cam Braes 6 2 1 3 2 -2
    Carter Bancks 6 1 2 3 0 +1
    Jesse Craige 4 0 3 3 0 -2
    Ben Wright 6 0 3 3 4 E
    Mike Wuchterl 5 1 1 2 30 -1
    Luca Sbisa 3 0 2 2 5 E
    Lucas Alexiuk 4 0 1 1 17 +1
    Mitch Versteeg 5 0 1 1 17 E
    Craig Orfino 6 0 1 1 0 -2
    Brennan Yadlowski 4 0 0 0 4 +1
    Paul MacDonald 4 0 0 0 4 0 -2
    Luke Wiens 4 0 0 0 2 0
    Carter Ashton 4 0 0 0 0 0
    Adam Chorneyko 5 0 0 0 19 -5
    Dan Iwanski 6 0 0 0 4 -3
    Cam Stevens 1 0 0 0 6 N/A
    Jacob Dietrich 1 0 0 0 2 -1
    Nick Dietrich 1 0 0 0 2 -1
    Travis Bobbee 1 0 0 0 2 E
    Yashar Farmanara 1 0 0 0 2 -1
    Brock Sutherland 1 0 0 0 0 N/A
    Ryan Kerr 1 0 0 0 0 E

--------------------------------------------------------------

GP Min GA W L OTL GAA SV%
    Metsola 2 119 3 1 1 0 1.51 0.933
    Maniago 4 235 18 0 4 0 4.59 0.849

GOALS FOR/AGAINST:
    WITH MANNY IN NET = ICE 18 CANES 12
    WITH JUHA IN NET = CANES 8 ICE 3

GAMES WITH BOYCHUK and SBISA
    SHOTS = CANES 109 ICE 81
    GOALS = CANES 12 ICE 8

GAMES WITHOUT BOYCHUK and SBISA
    SHOTS = CANES 90 ICE 83
    GOALS = ICE 13 CANES 8

SHOTS AT HOME
    CANES 107 ICE 87

SHOTS ON ROAD
    CANES 92 ICE 77

GOALS AT HOME
    CANES 14 ICE 10

GOALS ON ROAD
    ICE 11 CANES 6

CANES OUTSHOT OR TIED IN SHOTS WITH THE ICE IN 5 OF 6 GAMES AND OUTSHOT THEM 71 - 45 IN LAST 2 GAMES.

OVERALL CANES AVERAGED 33 SHOTS/GAMES AGAINST THE ICE.
    Doesn't that statistic kind of make the others moot points?

As for displaying the differences between games with some player injuries and where they are healthy, you do know the Ice just got back to health as well...

Finally, the shots on goal generally fall in favour of the team that is trailing in a game, as they have to pull out all the stops in order to try and get the W. On thing I am sure about, I am happier now than I was before reading your stats, because having that kind of success in the regular season meetings, shows that the Ice are affective against the Canes system.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK
    The more the merrier. Have fun and spew your inner most thoughts...lol
    Okay I will.....Thanks

Let all Hurricane fans be with their team right to the end.......remember last time the hurricanes came by the second round they almost won the memorial cup........i know that is history but we can still cheer them on and BELIEVE.
    punk rock

Yah Baby!! Its GAME day!! 3 more hours to puck drop! Lets fill the Enmax up to the rafters and make a ton of noise! And here is to hoping for more playoff towels!! vci34

GO CANES!!

Quote Originally Posted by O&C
    Yah Baby!! Its GAME day!! 3 more hours to puck drop! Lets fill the Enmax up to the rafters and make a ton of noise! And here is to hoping for more playoff towels!! vci34

GO CANES!!
    You got it man.

GOOOOOOO!!!! Canes!!!! GOOOOOOO!!!!

vci33 Lets pound them to the ice.

Versteeg is suspended for Game 1 because of his low hit on McCue's knee last Sunday.

It looked a bit low at the time, although no penalty was called by either ref...oh well, either Yadlowski or Alexiuk will get a chance to play tonite.

Default Can you say dissapointing...

Damn was that ever a frustrating game to watch! I was extremely disappointed in half of the club. It was like they half of them were sitting at home watching the game on tv! Boychuck was horrible to the worst possible extent tonight. Absolutely ZERO hustle from him. And in the dieing moments of the game when they needed to pressure they looked like they just wanted to get home and watch some OC reruns or something! What happened to the energy and passion in the first series Canes?! Were was the physical game? The speed? At least half of the team was just along for the ride with the only true exception in my mind being Hotson who was great all night long as well as Craig who seemed more interested in hustling than most forwards did.

Once again we screw up a lead against Kooteny, and more power to them for the come back. That being said, if the Canes do decide to show up, this game and tomorrow nights could be a VERY different story. And what is up with the fair weathered fans in Lethbridge. I had a woman sitting behind me who so excited until we got behind and then it all came out, "WHY did we even buy tickets to this game!! Lets go right now!". And with five minutes left they walked out of the building! Overall, exteremly disappointed in the boys! Were they horrible? No, but they only played a FRACTION of what i know they can and that speaks louder to me about their character than anything else.

Ill be there loud and proud once again tomorrow but unless the boys come out ready to do the same, this series will be over in a hurry.

Go Canes!

Default Late in the season

Very good analysis, As much as the top line brings to us, they were not in the same rink. Get used to the trap and fight through the zonal interference. Kootenay does tie up the center zone with their trap. Hail mary passes don,t work here and we need to win the individual battles not only in our own zone and theirs but at center ice.Our best line was our worst line tonight, 5 on 5 . But this team has been learning all season and unfortunatly they received another installment tonight.Let,s have some more execution Saturday night . The physical play of Versteeg will help tommorow .I for one am getting fed up when the league review plays after the fact, Mr. referee in chief let your officials do their jobs.Who the ****** needs you to rule after the fact. If the officials can,t do their jobs on the ice get someone who will and stop penalizing players when a call is missed.It was a two man system and both ruled the hit legal . Yet you after listening to some one cry about it watched it maybe5 times and decided well maybe it was a low hit , well maybe it was not. When your cameras are up in the rafters any hit is going to look lower than it was. No one wants someone to get hurt but injuries do occur in sports and this suspension was not appropriate for Versteeg or anyone else