Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Round Two, Ice vs Hurricanes

Default Round Two, Ice vs Hurricanes

Round 2 generally isn't quite as fast as round 1, as teams have now realized how to win in the playoffs and the adrenalin has calmed down. Ice got an extra couple of days rest and this is generally noticeable in game 1, with it either going either way, especially as the teams feel one another out.

I expect a long series with the team that stays healthier having a decided advantage. Of course we don't always hear about all the injuries that occur at this time until after the team is eliminated, so I can wait out the Ice true injury report until after the Memorial Cup.

Go Ice Go! Should be a good series, as all the Eastern Division matches should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammer
    Round 2 generally isn't quite as fast as round 1, as teams have now realized how to win in the playoffs and the adrenalin has calmed down. Ice got an extra couple of days rest and this is generally noticeable in game 1, with it either going either way, especially as the teams feel one another out.

I expect a long series with the team that stays healthier having a decided advantage. Of course we don't always hear about all the injuries that occur at this time until after the team is eliminated, so I can wait out the Ice true injury report until after the Memorial Cup.

Go Ice Go! Should be a good series, as all the Eastern Division matches should be.
    You shouldn't have to be that patient, I am sure you will know the injuries in less than 2 weeks.
    vc124

As evenly matched as these two teams are, I still think it's the Hurricanes series to lose. If the Canes play their best and don't lose key players, they'll win the series and the East. Of course, losing to Kootenay would not be considered an upset by any means.

I picked the 'Canes to come out of the East, but this series is a toss-up.. Wish I could make it up there for a couple games, but alas.

For the Ice, getting Maxwell back seems to have been as good as grabbing a sniper at the trade deadline. Still, I'd give the edge to Lethbridge up front and on the back end. Kootenay's big advantage will be special teams I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by 604flames
    I picked the 'Canes to come out of the East, but this series is a toss-up.. Wish I could make it up there for a couple games, but alas.

For the Ice, getting Maxwell back seems to have been as good as grabbing a sniper at the trade deadline. Still, I'd give the edge to Lethbridge up front and on the back end. Kootenay's big advantage will be special teams I'd think.

Our special teams have been very good so far. I think Lethbridge in 6.
    vc124

Quote Originally Posted by 604flames

Im gonna go to both games here then boogey on down to Cranbrook for game 3 (probably, unless game 4 is looking better) at the recplex and stay with friends in Jaffery for the night!! This is going to be great, I can listen to the Drive and recite all the commercials i memorized last week in Cranbrook and hear the morning show guy chant "Go Ice Go" 50 times a day.... Should be great!!

Go CANES Go!!

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by loudi94
    As evenly matched as these two teams are, I still think it's the Hurricanes series to lose. If the Canes play their best and don't lose key players, they'll win the series and the East. Of course, losing to Kootenay would not be considered an upset by any means.
    Your right on loud dude94. clrkthj
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default Nasty

Quote Originally Posted by localguy
    You shouldn't have to be that patient, I am sure you will know the injuries in less than 2 weeks.
    Nasty but funny and let's hope it's true.............CAnes rule.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by localguy
    So the Canes have some?

Quote Originally Posted by Rammer
    So the Canes have some?

They sure do, and they are gonna give it all to ya, both barrels baby. vc119
    vc124