Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Round Two, Ice vs Hurricanes

Quote Originally Posted by localguy
    They sure do, and they are gonna give it all to ya, both barrels baby. vc119
    Don't they name Hurricanes after girls? haha vc119

Quote Originally Posted by Rammer
    Don't they name Hurricanes after girls? haha vc119
    Ask your boys, the all prety much got pumped in their 7-1 loss the last time they came to our building, so if you wanna say the got beat up by a bunch of girls feel free. Looked like a bunch of deer in the headlights, didn't know which way to run. All but Baiyley, he just ran straight at the Jeff May truck and got run right over. Can't wait for tonight, are you making the trip? Just curious, was the series with the Hat a physical one? Both teams have smaller forwards, and only a couple big d, how was it? Noone from Cranny or the Hat really posted much about it so it's difficult to guess. I hope this is the beginning of a great playoff rivalry, you guys have kind of been our nemesis in the last few seasons, in fact if we would have gotten a couple points off you in the series, we would have had first locked up.
    vc124

Duplicate post, sorry!
    Last edited by Rammer; 04-04-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by localguy
    Ask your boys, the all prety much got pumped in their 7-1 loss the last time they came to our building, so if you wanna say the got beat up by a bunch of girls feel free. Looked like a bunch of deer in the headlights, didn't know which way to run. All but Baiyley, he just ran straight at the Jeff May truck and got run right over. Can't wait for tonight, are you making the trip? Just curious, was the series with the Hat a physical one? Both teams have smaller forwards, and only a couple big d, how was it? Noone from Cranny or the Hat really posted much about it so it's difficult to guess. I hope this is the beginning of a great playoff rivalry, you guys have kind of been our nemesis in the last few seasons, in fact if we would have gotten a couple points off you in the series, we would have had first locked up.
    No I am not making the trip to Cranbrook or Lethbridge, I have relocated many years ago to the Lower Mainland, although family still resides in CBK. Taking as many games from you as the Ice did, does lead to a little complacency, the coaches will have to guard that from setting into the Ice. Kootenay isn't going to out muscle anyone, that never has been the focus since they moved from Edmonton, just skate hard and play a strong defensive game.

All teams seem to have a team that they have a difficult time finding wins, the Ice have the Hitmen, luckily though they had a good record against the Hat and the Canes, nice place to end up in the playoffs for the Ice.
    Last edited by Rammer; 04-04-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Huge come from behind by the Ice tonight, down two going into the third period and they find the net 3 times for a big W. Not only was this done on the road, but coming from behind bodes well for the rest of the series, as they will believe in their ability to come back on the Canes and the Canes will be looking over their shoulders if they get out front again. applause

Sounded as if both teams took alot longer to get into this series. Expect a much faster paced game in Game Two, the Hurricanes can't afford to go down by two games, heading back to Cranbrook.

Trouble tonight, down 2 - 0 and giving up a late period shorthanded goal to go down 3 - 0, it is a large task to get that back in the third period. Ice have to adjust their game and not take so many penalties or face a PP that is clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammer
    Trouble tonight, down 2 - 0 and giving up a late period shorthanded goal to go down 3 - 0, it is a large task to get that back in the third period. Ice have to adjust their game and not take so many penalties or face a PP that is clicking.
    Well the task got larger, but the boys were able to overcome a 4 - 0 deficit and force OT, which was a heart breaker. Still not sure the Ice deserved to be in OT, but you have to think that the Canes are fragile with a lead against the Ice, and just about gave away another game. Ice did what they had to though on this trip, took home ice advantage with them coming home. clrkth

Well Ice fans... should be a doozy or two in the Brook'! Im comming out for both games and i cant wait. What would be the chances or being permited to bringing a large drum into the Recplex?

As far as hockey goes, i dont see you guys winning if our guys can stick to the game plan, but WOW can your team capitalize on their chances! Just incrediable!! As soon as that blood is in the water is a feeding frenzie for your club. But if the Canes can stick to their plan for 60 minuets, expect more of what we seen in the first 45 of tonights.....

Go Canes!! and see you all in Cranbrook!!

i look forward to having some loud Canes fans at the Recplex! I don't see a problem with you bringing a large drum with you!
    GO ICE GO !!!

Haha! Cool, i cant wait. I love Cranbrook and its people so it should be a really great time. Hopfully we get a ton on Canes fans out their cause there were definatly a good number of Ice fans down here for the first two. I think me and a buddy are comming up so were gonna have some fun with it and a drum is a strong possibility...as well as super small Canes jersey from when i was 10....