Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Surprises Galore

Iconcup Surprises Galore

Well.......I didn't predict some of the games and the way some of the series are going, but, there are certainly some big surprises. You may not think they are because they involve your team but league wide, there are big upsets in the making.

First off, the Rebels up 2-1 when I predicted MH in 5, believing it would most likely be a sweep. Van up on Kel is a upset in the making, and Cgy up on Let to a certain degree also qualifies (although we know Cgy has a team if playing good is good) and lastly PA running over Sas. And of course, Kam over Ktn is without question, the biggest surprise so far.

The Bran/MJ, Port/Ev, Sea/Tri series are pretty much going the way most thought they would.....back and forth.....even up type of hockey aside from Bran.

Could make for some interesting semi's if the trends continue. :burningma
    Last edited by Tinner; 03-30-2005 at 05:39 PM.
    Drop the Puck

I think you missed the biggest upset in the making right now, KAM 2-1 on KTN.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    Kamloops doesn't surprise me at all, I have been totally impressed with the Blazers after the trade deadline. They are hard working and have no more cancer (Brown, Upshall) in the dressing room. Since they got rid of Cunning and Lukin it is a new team with a excellent goalie that can win a game by himself.

Raiders up on the Blades is a surprise, but by the higlights on TV the Raiders are out playing them.

I would never be surpirsed by a Sutter team, the REbels could win this series and I wouldn't be shocked.
    Last edited by Jovorock; 03-30-2005 at 11:15 AM.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

I wouldn't say so. Kootenay's just discovering what the BC division is really like. JovoRock is right, the Blazers are a much improved team. Though, I still expect the Ice to win the series.
    Last edited by RocketMan; 03-30-2005 at 11:27 AM.

Well guys, considering that almost everyone in our little informal predict the playoff series picked the Ice in either 4 or 5 games ( a couple said Ice in 6/7, and out of all the picks you only had 2 people predicting Kamloops) I think this is a surprise as to how well Kamloops is handling the Ice Series.

As much of a surprise as any other series right now.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Well guys, considering that almost everyone in our little informal predict the playoff series picked the Ice in either 4 or 5 games ( a couple said Ice in 6/7, and out of all the picks you only had 2 people predicting Kamloops) I think this is a surprise as to how well Kamloops is handling the Ice Series.

As much of a surprise as any other series right now.
    Well to some perhaps, but they didn't look at the regular season schedulling differences (I don't, however, want to prove that again). I picked Kootenay to win mostly b/c they had home ice and are a better team, though not by as much as their record indicates. I thought it would be a long series with the blazers proving to be a stubborn opponent and so far the results are bearing that out.
    Last edited by RocketMan; 03-30-2005 at 12:43 PM.

PA over the Blades is no surprise especially if you watched the way the blades played the last few months. Couple that with the fact they are a very soft team(minus guys like Barnes,Haw and Setoguchi) and that PA plays an aggressive game its not all that suprising.

Rebel66 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rebel39

First off, the Rebels up 2-1 when I predicted MH in 5, believing it would most likely be a sweep.
    No, you did predict the Tigers in a sweep on the playoff prediction thread. You also thought that the Tigers were the best matchup for the Rebels over the Canes but still predicted a four game shutout. Perish the thought if we'd actually met the Canes then. How bad would that have been

I'm thinking the surprise that everyone is talking about in the PA series is not the fact that they are beating the Blades, but that they seem to be doing it so easily.

As far as the Central goes, I think a big thanks is owed to the Rebs for losing that last game against Lethbridge, giving the Hitmen the Canes, and the Rebs got the Tigers. Both matchups favor the 'underdogs' much better.

I think this is going to be a crazy playoff year with a lot of upsets. Who would have thought realistcally that the Ice, Rockets, Tigers, and Canes could all be out in the first round?

Just my thoughts

Taz

Quote Originally Posted by RocketMan
    I wouldn't say so. Kootenay's just discovering what the BC division is really like. JovoRock is right, the Blazers are a much improved team. Though, I still expect the Ice to win the series.
    Kootenay did very well against a superior Central division, so I dont think the supposed quality of the BC division is a factor. Right now, it's just looking like a surprise in the making.

Though I still expect that all of Kootenay, Kelowna and Medicine Hat will win their series. My fantasy team certantly hopes so.