Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs vs Giants - Round Two

Default Chiefs vs Giants - Round Two

Here's to some good hard-nosed, clean hockey by both teams and that we all are treated to a fine battle. May the best team earn their win, and the refs simply not be a factor. clrkth
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Should be an excellent series. I would also like to see the outcome not affected by the refs, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high for that. But hopefully their influence will be minimal.

I picked the Chiefs in 6, but wouldn't be surprised at all if it goes the full seven. Both teams play physical hockey and I would expect the series to be pretty low scoring based on their match ups in the regular season. If I recall correctly in 2 games the teams combined for 4 goals with one of those being an empty net. This could very easily be a series where the team that is willing to get their nose dirtiest and pick up the greasy garbage goals will emerge as the victor.

Good luck Giants. No matter who wins it will be a series to remember.

You guys really have a better series to watch than us but all in all I think that we are going to have our hands full. Good luck to all of you and enjoy the quality of hockey you will be watching!

Here's to a great series!
    Giants supporter since Day One

Smalltime Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Here's to a great series!
    +1

Default Great Hockey!

I thought I had gotten over the major excitement after the last big game with TRI - but I don't think so. Vancouver just went through a great playoff series with Chilliwack. The two games we played this year - 4 points and almost no penalty time. Most importantly - THERE'S A HOCKEY GAME TONIGHT!

man, that was a beat down last night ... the chiefs are going to have to take fewer penalties (although there were some weak calls both ways) ... definitely glad they have a day off today

That wasn't a beat down. What Tri-City had happen to them was a beat down.

Sec. C Row 12 Seat 18

The first period was good, then (as we've done son many games) we got lazy in the second, and the Giants ran away with the game. The two 5 on 3 didn't help.

This is going to be a great series to watch though. The teams have similar playstyles and there was some great action last night. The Giants did some diving last night and got called on one of them. I hope that's not the norm.

much better 5 on 5 tonight, although we came up empty on the two 5 on 3's .... and didn't take the dumb penalties ... we should have been whistled for having to many men on the ice in the 1st period, but I'm glad we avoided the penalty ... awesome that rudy got 2 against his x-mates ... and I almost got in a fight with some drunk guy (bonus) ... why is is that drunk guys think they need to walk across 12 people in a row, instead of going around to their side where they only need to walk in front of 2 of their buddies ... guess he didn't like the question I posed to him "what are you, stupid?" ...