Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 3: Hitmen vs. Hurricanes

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter
    That's not true, and not what I said. If Sonne and Duval play to their potential, you have to give the 3rd line edge to the Hitmen, and they win in 7. If they don't play to their potential, you win in 6.
    Defense and goaltending have been our strength, after watching the hitmen vs broncos, I don;t think we have much to worry about. Sloppy in their end, shaky tending, that's what i saw. Our defense first mentality, has won for us in the first two rounds, and it is what will win for us in this one. We have played our best games against the Hitmen all season, and I see no reason why it won't continue. After Alzner, there is not a great d-men on their roster, good, but not great.
    vc124

Quote Originally Posted by localguy
    Defense and goaltending have been our strength, after watching the hitmen vs broncos, I don;t think we have much to worry about. Sloppy in their end, shaky tending, that's what i saw. Our defense first mentality, has won for us in the first two rounds, and it is what will win for us in this one. We have played our best games against the Hitmen all season, and I see no reason why it won't continue. After Alzner, there is not a great d-men on their roster, good, but not great.
    Yup, i give Calgary the edge up front, you the edge on d and goal...should be a good series....now if I just knew when games 3 and 4 were, I'm in Alberta in 2 weeks time and wouldn't mind seeing another game or 2...
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

You'll likely need to get tickets now if you want to see a game here, Calgary should be easier to get into.
    vc124

Quote Originally Posted by localguy
    You'll likely need to get tickets now if you want to see a game here, Calgary should be easier to get into.
    I have a player who can get me tickets, I just don't know the dates of games 3 and 4 yet!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter
    Yup, i give Calgary the edge up front, you the edge on d and goal...should be a good series....now if I just knew when games 3 and 4 were, I'm in Alberta in 2 weeks time and wouldn't mind seeing another game or 2...
    You go ahead and give Calg the edge up front but we may have THE BEST #1 LINE IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE. Yellowhorn, Galiardi, Bowman, White, Mahacek (sp?) etc are great players on thier own but as far as a line.................FADDEN, BOYCHUK and SCEVIOUR are probably the best "line" in the league. Those who do not think so can just watch and find out I am right. If Fadden and Boychuk turn it up one more notch, it's gonna be goodbye Hitmen. Mark my words kids. Those two can make the difference, they are that good. It takes a team to win and Juha, King, Wright , Sbisa, Hotson, Bancks need to be on their game also, but your best players have to be your best players. If our best players (FADDEN, BOYCHUK) are our best players, the Canes are gonna be in the Dub final. applause
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 04-14-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Let's all remember that it takes the WHOLE TEAM to win....NOT just certain players!! We are where we are because of TEAM EFFORT !! GO CANES GO !! clrkth

I guess we will know soon enough, but...

Will games 1 and 2 (and 6) be in Lethbridge? The Saddledome is booked this upcoming Sat nite and Sun nite, and given the chance of overtime I dont think they want to schedule an afternoon game either day. Sort of like vs Brandon with a 2-3-1-1 series.

Or will they try a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 series? (It's common in the OHL) The cities are fairly close and although there would be more bus rides, both teams save $$$ on hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by canes77
    I guess we will know soon enough, but...

Will games 1 and 2 (and 6) be in Lethbridge? The Saddledome is booked this upcoming Sat nite and Sun nite, and given the chance of overtime I dont think they want to schedule an afternoon game either day. Sort of like vs Brandon with a 2-3-1-1 series.

Or will they try a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 series? (It's common in the OHL) The cities are fairly close and although there would be more bus rides, both teams save $$$ on hotels.
    Holy, that 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 would have the players so confused they wouldn't know what city they're in!! I guess at least it's only a short bus ride (3 hours??)

So guys are we going to decide what thread we use for the third round vs. hitmen or are we going to use both. just wondering.

Thanks to O&C for the Sig

Anyone know how fast the series could start....i know it would be after the van/spo.....series is over tonight...was just wondering how fast after that it could start......LETS GO HURRICANES!!!!!!!!

Thanks to O&C for the Sig