Thread: +/- on penalty shots?

Default +/- on penalty shots?

Ok, so I just looked at the game sheet from Seattle, and they gave out +/- for the successful penalty shot tonight.

Is it just me or does this seem weird to anyone else? It's a one on one battle, how can they give out +/- with only 2 guys on the ice, when they don't give it out for PP's?

Anyway just seems really strange.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

kelownakarl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    Ok, so I just looked at the game sheet from Seattle, and they gave out +/- for the successful penalty shot tonight.

Is it just me or does this seem weird to anyone else? It's a one on one battle, how can they give out +/- with only 2 guys on the ice, when they don't give it out for PP's?

Anyway just seems really strange.
    Ya no doubt.... So if the guy doesnt score does he get a minus?

How could he get a plus for the goal....?

Or should the oposing teams players who were on the ice the time the penalty shot gets called get a minus if he scores?

What a weird thing.

It's not just him who gets the plus, all the guys, I assume, who were on the ice at the time of the penalty get the plus, and the same for the minus....

Ok never mind. Must have been an error. I checked again this morning and the +/- ratings were gone for PS.

Unless they have changed the rules lately a penalty shot is the same as a PP-----no +/-, could be wrong, but that is the way it used to be
    Grump

Default Penalty Shooter Gets Plus

According to the NHL, a player who scores on a penalty shot gets a plus and no-one else - ONLY the shooter/goal scorer. Nobody gets a minus.