Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Spokane VS Tri ... Game 1, 04-08-08

Default Spokane VS Tri ... Game 1, 04-08-08

It seems like it has been months since the chiefs last played the AMS, looking forward to a great series ... just wish we didn't have to play on your dinky rink and slow ice (humidity? temperature?) oh well, chiefs in 6!

tigerfan Guest

Default Tough series

Spokane hasn't had an easy road so far with Everett and Vancouver, now the Americans. Spokane in five ( wishfully thinking). Should be a great series and hopefully see Spokane play in either Lethbridge or Calgary.
    I heard that Trevor Glass has been playing pretty good, just wondering.

Well Seattle was a pretty good team this year and they gave us a bit of a run but we shut them out not only once but twice! We are playing some great hockey right now probably the best this team has all year long! Now as long as they play their game and play smart I will say AMS in 7! Its going to be a great series and I think this is what we were all talking about last month! We got our wish now may the games be great and the refs NOT be a factor! GO AMS GO!!!! vc119

I think that what makes the games between us so exciting, other than the rivalry of course, is that we play a lot alike. This season couldn't have had a better ending for either team. I sincerely expect this series to go the full 7 unless one of us just does not show up to play one night. This has all the makings of a really GREAT series! What more can you say besides GO CHIEFS!

[QUOTE=tigerfan]Spokane hasn't had an easy road so far with Everett and Vancouver, now the Americans. Spokane in five ( wishfully thinking). Should be a great series and hopefully see Spokane play in either Lethbridge or Calgary.
    I heard that Trevor Glass has been playing pretty good, just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Glass has been FANTASTIC!!!

Spurgeon and Cowen had been one of the top pairs in the league, but until we acquired Glass we lacked that sturdy shutdown pair that most teams had. Pairing him with the talented young Mike Reddington has been bountiful for the Chiefs, and Glass is one of the main reasons the Chiefs have been so strong thus far in the playoffs. Throw Falk and a recently stepping up Ulmer into the mix and the Chiefs may have the most overlooked defense in the entire WHL.

Oh, and by the way...Chiefs in 6. We WILL take one of the first two games down in Kennewick, if not both of them...the way we're playing right now and the fact that you guys are coming off of a long break, if the Chiefs can jump out early it could get ugly. And the boys thought they should have taken the last game of the regular season down there...we're just hungry now.

Funny, we were at that game, and I told my wife while the Ams piled on top of each other that they hadn't won anything yet, and that we'd see them again in the conference finals in a few weeks with a chance for bitter sweet revenge. Fans of the "395" series will remember this one for a long, long time.

what do you mean haven't won anything yet? I believe with that ONE game we WON the U.S. Division Championship, the Western Conference regular Season, and The Scotty Munuro trophy for most points in a Season for the WHL. I believe its going to be a great series and please don't take our team lightly we had a total of 11 goals against us in 5 games with Seattle and um TWO shutouts! We are playing the very best hockey we have all year long!

Quote Originally Posted by Ams4life
    what do you mean haven't won anything yet? I believe with that ONE game we WON the U.S. Division Championship, the Western Conference regular Season, and The Scotty Munuro trophy for most points in a Season for the WHL. I believe its going to be a great series and please don't take our team lightly we had a total of 11 goals against us in 5 games with Seattle and um TWO shutouts! We are playing the very best hockey we have all year long!
    ...And to add to my point, 6 of those 11 goals were in the FIRST GAME. Meaning in the other 2, you allowed 5 goals. And you were playing Seattle...they beat us twice all year. We matched up against Vancouver, and our defensive numbers are more impressive than yours.

No, you haven't won anything yet. The Munro, US division and conference championships are worth a sack of marbles if you don't make a Memorial Cup appearance.

So take your 1 game...we'll see you on Friday night. clrkthj

Quote Originally Posted by Ams4life
    You may have that cute girls phone number (regular season points winner) ... but unless you win this series, it was all for naught! Honestly, the boyz may play better the first two games away ...

As far as TREVOR GLASS ... as previously mentioned, he has been down-right awesome ... I'm sure his experience against vancouver last year helped, not to mention he does well on the power play

one thing we cannot do against Tri is give up any more shorthanded goals ... their special teams, and Yellowhorn, have been great against us all year!
    Last edited by Pete76; 04-15-2008 at 08:31 PM.

So many things ... Trevor might be good on the PP - but we did not (I don't think) have a single, solitary PP goal against Vancouver. NOT ONE! If there is anything going into the games against TRI that I am even a little bit worried about it is that. However, on the flip side, we also haven't taken a lot of penalties stupid or otherwise. Still more, while we have no PP we have been doing well on the PK. Trevor has still done awesome.

Yellowhorn has proven he can score. However, compared to some of the players on the AMs - he is slow. His guys are going to have to clear a path for him to get in and get a shot. Speed is a big thing with both our teams but there are several players on both teams that I think can outskate Yellow backwards and with at least one eye closed. I don't think that he was a factor in the last few games that we played against each other. For some reason Hughesman keeps coming to my mind as more of a threat to us than Yellow. Might be hallucinations tho.

We, as teams, know each other well. This might be the playoffs. Playoffs might be a whole different story. However, I think that this series is a whole different story. When, in the Western division, was the last time that we had a matchup like this?

What more can I say besides GO CHIEFS GO!!!!

tigerfan Guest

Default Trevor Glass

He was the Tigers best defenceman in the playoffs last year on their way to Vancouver. Defencely he was the best all year for the Tigers last year and this year. He will definitely help the Chiefs on their way through the playoffs. If Trevor had been a year older when he was at St. Louis's camp he might have had a good shot at playing in the American league. Good luck Chief's and hope for a good run against the Americans as they also have a good team. Believe the winner of this series will represent the west at Kitchener.