Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Go Ams Go

Quote Originally Posted by Ams4life
    We lost to Lethbridge earlier in the year but I would have to say that really doesn't mean anything! Oh wait I think that we should worry about getting past this round first! The Chiefs would topple the canes and so would the Americans! They have no idea what kind of power the Chiefs or the Americans have offense or deffense both teams are great!
    I'm not gonna say the Canes are gonna win because no body knows. Too many variables from injuries to our 10 day wait for one of you. But a lot of you on here seem certain we are gonna get killed by either Tri or Spokane. Must be nice to know you are that much better than us. We did not finish that far behind you in the standings after a very slow start. (4-7-1) I think we also had the tougher schedule with 8 very good teams in the East. We just crushed two of the best teams in the dub and have won 8 straight games. Winning 8 straight anytime in a season is tuff to do, but to do it in the playoffs against high quality teams is amazing. Let's see. We only played each one of you once but hey, we won both those games. Shutout Tri-City to boot and had Spokane shut out till very late in the game. Also your next best team, Seattle we only beat 3-2 but pounded them, outshooting them 40 to 19. But none of that matters I guess so we should just give you the title and start golfing.
    Don't understimate the CANES. Right now they are team on a mission and can play any style you want. Tight defense or scoring 5 or 6, take your pick!
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 04-25-2008 at 12:42 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

I read a few comments back that the Ams and Chiefs played a tougher schedule? Really?
    According to the Massey Ratings the Canes had the 2nd most difficult schedule/competition. http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=whl
    That was at the end of the regular season.
    Just keep on undersestimating us. We thrive on it.
    Eliminate our bad start and our winning percentage is up there with the Ams and Chiefs. That says all we need to know.
    We also have been playing playoff style hockey most of the year. We figured it out months ago. It is second nature. Sacrifice, patience, and desire.
    cheers
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by Ams4life
    Do you not realize that the Tri-city Americans had the most Goals For during the regular season (17 more than the canes) and the Chiefs scored the 3rd most in the WHL during the regular season. You sound like you are making the Canes out to be such a HUGE offenive weapon. You don't get much better than the Ams or Chiefs as for that matter. Then if you want to talk about the deffense game then you have Chiefs with the second least amount of goals scored against them and the Americans with the 5th least amount ogf goals against. Lethbridge may be good but then didn't battle the quality of teams either the Americans or chief's did all year long. The WEST will win the WHL Championship even if the canes are playing great hockey.
    Just how many of those goals were against Portland and how few did Portland score. You are throwing out statistics that are mostly irellevent as the teams play such different schedules. Your one point "about the quality of opponents being so much higher for you guys" makes me believe you are not very knowledgeable about the league. I think most anyone who knows the league overall would say the Canes had the tougher schedule. The 8th place team in the East Conference finished just a couple points out of 4th in your conference.

Default One more for ya Ams4life

One more for ya Ams4life..............You finished higher in the standings for the full year but if my other posts don't convince you we are an opponent to be recconed with maybe this will. I said earlier we had a slow start but since that start, here is what the 3 teams have done:

Tri-City 84 points
    Spokane 83 points
    Canes 83 points

Basically dead even the last 58 games and agian, I think we had tuffer opponents.

Ams2Fan Guest

PLEASE don't assume that one poster speaks for all of us, or even the majority! He/She is entitled to their opinion and I do understand the "positive thinking" aspect, but there is also a happy medium called reality.

Personally I don't underestimate any team (and I know MANY others feels the same way - both Chiefs and Ams fans). I was one of the naysayers that didn't even think the Ams would make a deep playoff run. Not that I don't believe in my team, I just wasn't sure they had the experience to do it. They are a very young team.

Whoever ends up taking on the Canes will obviously have their hands full. I have complete respect for what you have accomplished so far. If you end up taking on the Chiefs then GO CANES! But I hope it will be my Ams and I hope they will come out on top.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS! Regular season doesn't matter, who you've played in your conference doesn't matter, who had the hardest schedule doesn't matter, who's team gave up or scored more in the 3rd period on Friday in the mountain time zone during the month of January (sorry, made that one up) but I hope you get my point. Both teams played who was on their schedule and when they were supposed to. Done, end of story.

I will say this though. The winner of the AMS-CHIEFS will be one beat-up team and if they go any more OTs, one tired team while Lethbridge will be well rested and healed. As I see it, you have 2 theories in play. Lethbridge will be well rested and are currently playing well so they should be sharpest against a team that has had a tough series. The other being the AMS-CHIEFS winner have been playing and will have little rust when the series starts, while nothing stops winning or losing streaks as much as time off (like rain delays/postponements in baseball). How many times have you had teams that are hot going into Christmans break that come back flat for a little bit. I, for one, think the Championship series, no matter who faces Lethbridge, will be a good one, but guess what this one has to be finished first. Go AMS (hopefully in 2).

On a side note, I think some of you need to step back and breathe into a paper bag. There's nothing more annoying than useless statistics (see above or baseball stats).

Quote Originally Posted by Ams2Fan
    PLEASE don't assume that one poster speaks for all of us, or even the majority! He/She is entitled to their opinion and I do understand the "positive thinking" aspect, but there is also a happy medium called reality.

Not at all Ams2Fan, my post was directed at Ams4life. But I've heard it said quite alot this year from fans in the west, that the east is weak. And nothing could be further from the truth.

But hey, if this guy want's to go on believing it, then it will be that much more fun if the Canes come out on top.

If the west wins, I will be the first to... vci22

Yes, its only one fan here feeling cocky, or just trying to be pure positive. Everybody else I've heard from feels that however this shakes out it should be a really good matchup on all fronts.

I predict that whoever represents the dub in Kitchener will have a blue, white, and red jersey.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Being so deffensive makes me wonder how confident you really are in you canes...Just don't get too cocky because both of the teams that you might face has so much depth and can hurt you so many different ways. I am in NO way saying that your guys don't have a good team but I am thinking that you haven't watched Tri or Spoke play like they have been the last 4 weeks. Congrats you swept Calgary! We didn't lose to them at all this year either. Good Luck