Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Happy--Yes

Default Happy--Yes

Tigers 6-1------I said to the wife after listening to the game, that this might be similar to prodding a grizzle bear in the ass with a pich fork to see if he's sleeping-----hope not, but it's going to make the rest of this series a lot tougher for our cats----me thinks. Would not have wanted to be in that Reb's dressing room after that one
    Grump

Rebel66 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by grumphy
    Would not have wanted to be in that Reb's dressing room after that one
    You got that right! Sutter was extremely critical of Fraser, Wick, and especially Phaneuf saying that he was simply awful. As I've stated elsewhere his mistake in not playing the puck was a HUGE turning point in the game. Phaneuf has not been dominant at all so far in the playoffs which perhaps says something about this Tigers team too.

Credit to the Tigers. They played a great game last night while the Rebels only played one period. Interesting to see how they respond on Friday.

go cats go clarke Macarthur will lead them past the dion over hyped look for the big hit puthimself over his team phaenuf

Default If you believe that

You have no idea of where the Rebels would be without him..."hockey genius"

Im sure he is the whole team just ask him.

Default Phanuef would be the first...

Phanuef would be the first to tell you he doesn't like the hype any more than you do!!! In fact it brings more problems for him than not. He becomes more and more of a target partly because of the hype. Would you not agree that opposing players would get more of a thrill and perhaps put more energy into making a hit on the "great" Dion Phanuef than on someone who doesn't have quite the same exposure. To add to this, I've seen refs in many sports, NOT call a penalty (or foul in basketball) against a good player because their rational is, "the good player can deal with the flagarance of the infraction better than some less skilled player". Meyer cross checked Phanuef in the back last night, knocking him to the ice. No penalty was called. To add to the frustration (at least I would be frustrated) Phanuefs high profile as a player forces him to "stay in the game". In other words, he can't retaliate via fighting or returning the "favor" because his team needs him in the game. Don't think other teams don't know this. Not retaliating WOULD NOT BE HIS FRIST CHOICE I'm sure, but he understands the game well enough to know what sacrifices he needs to make.

I'm not sure how making the big hit puts Dion before the team. Hitting is part of the game. How are Dion's hits any different than than those of any other player in the WHL other than packing a bigger wallop than most??!! Rarely do Dion's big hits result in his team suffering. In fact, as seen by his play with the Junior National Team, Dion's hits usually lead to a positive energy charge for his team. I haven't seen Dion lay out anyone in the recent games I have watched. The point I'm making is that he doesn't go for the big hit every shift nor every game for that matter, as you seem to imply. Sounds to me like Dion is doing his job and its a job that is more difficult than most.

Ask Sutter what his instuctions are to Phanuef, believe me it's not "be a gentle giant out there". He doesn't carry a big load for the Rebs obviousley thats why he only logs 45 to 55 minutes a game ----please furball go cheer for a team in the BC division
    Grump

he logs 45 to 55 minutes a game do you have proof of this? hey dont get all worked up it just my opinion I do think he is overatted i have said before i think webber is a better d man. Im not saying the guy is not good im just saying he is not as good as people give him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Furback
    he logs 45 to 55 minutes a game do you have proof of this? .
    All the proof I need is watching him play, he may get one or two shifts off a period but thats about it---especially during this series----other than last night when Sutter rested him after the game was out of hand and he made a stupid play
    And Im a Tiger fan but recognize and injoy watching pure talent from any team, like your chipper.
    Grump

so your guessing thats how much he plays? you dont know for sure right i just would choose my words better cause i'm pretty sure his time on ice would not be that high.