Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote Fails!!!!!!!!!!

Default Vote Fails!!!!!!!!!!

Tri-City Americans Application Denied
    Created: Mar 31, 2005

Calgary, AB - The Western Hockey League Board of Governors announced today that they have declined the application by the Tri-City Americans to relocate the WHL Franchise to Chilliwack, British Columbia.

The Tri-City Americans WHL franchise has been based in Kennewick, Washington since the 1988-89 season.

C.F Guest

Well hopefully a team moves to Chilliwack in the near future, Chilliwack would be a great WHL city.

rinkrat Guest

now what? Lame duck franchise with no lease.Where will they play?

Porter is gonna have to sell this franchise, the Ams fans will never support him.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

Or, if he really wanted to be a you know what he could keep running the team until the start of next year then fold it. Then the dub would have to either step in, or see a team fold.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

PeteyNice Guest

We don't know the reasons the league rejected it. Part of it may have been that he promised to try it for four years and then tried to bail after three. If that was the case then I could see him signing a one year lease and then trying it again after next season.

I'd love to know what the final score was and how each club voted.

Congrats AmFans

Glad to hear that the American fans will not lose their team, yet. I do agree with a previous poster that Porter will have to sell, or fold the team. Why not rally together and try to make it a community owned team, like here in Swift?

Congrats to the fans of the Americans!! i hope the team gets some support through the next few years.. the boys deserve it even if the owner doesn't. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next while
    GO ICE GO !!!

Default Americans

Don't forget Edmonton is still in the wings with 5 Million to buy a team. I know for a fact they will approach both the league and the Amerks to relocate to Edmonton. Will the league approve that one?

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyNice
    We don't know the reasons the league rejected it. Part of it may have been that he promised to try it for four years and then tried to bail after three. If that was the case then I could see him signing a one year lease and then trying it again after next season.

I'd love to know what the final score was and how each club voted.

Congrats AmFans
    Haven't heard how the teams voted, but I was listening to MOJO 730 on my way home from work and one of their newscasts said that the vote was 9 Against.