Thread: Congrats Lethbridge

Default Congrats Lethbridge

Congrats on a great season and run in the playoffs.

Best of luck to the 20 year olds and any other player moving on next season.

Have a safe and good summer. See you next year.

Thanks! Enjoy your trip to Ontario, I will be cheering for the Chiefs of course...I never want the Memorial Cup going anywhere East

One thing I noticed is that Spokane isnt that old of team, and should be just as strong next season.

See you in 51 weeks in the 2009 WHL Finals

Quote Originally Posted by canes77
    Thanks! Enjoy your trip to Ontario, I will be cheering for the Chiefs of course...I never want the Memorial Cup going anywhere East

One thing I noticed is that Spokane isnt that old of team, and should be just as strong next season.

See you in 51 weeks in the 2009 WHL Finals
    Amen to that. This year was for us (as well as you guys) supposed to be a building year...not a championship year. I was surprised to see us finish 3rd in the West...and even more surprised when the final horn sounded last night.

Worst to first in only 2 years - amazing.

Ya an amazing turnaround. Not sure that has ever been done before. (Worst to First) When did coach Peter's start with you? As talented as some of the players are, it is also an extremely well coached team.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 05-08-2008 at 12:37 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Congrats on your guys season, you truly deserved it, as team and as a city. It would have been nice seeing you guys in the Mem Cup, but all in all, what a season! Way to go Canes.
    Always Remembered

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK
    Ya an amazing turnaround. Not sure that has ever been done before. (Worst to First) When did coach Peter's start with you? As talented as some of the players are, it is also an extremely well coached team.
    This is his 3rd season with the team. His first year was our second consecutive 43 point season, but it was due mostly to the fact that we dealt away all of our talent because of locker room issues. Alot of people attribute the turn-around in large part to Peters because he weeded out the locker room problems and helped bring in younger leaders. Looking back, the fans here really should be praising Speltz and Peters both (alot of people around here heckle Speltz); but had they not done what they did that year, we would have never ended up where we are today. No Armstrong in net, no Cowen in the draft; etc. Things would be alot different for this franchise if a no-nonsense guy like Peters hadn't come along.