Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official Round 4 vs Spokane Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer
    Why is Braes Playing? what has he done in the playoffs? and he plays the pk what is Dyck thinking... Fyten is a much better player and that line is better with Fyten in and Braes out!!

Probably thinking, and rightfully so, that Braes is better than Fyten so he should play.

Also, better than Ashton, Iwanski and Orfino for that matter.

Default I disagree

Why mess with the Lines? With Fyten that line had way better cemestry and they actually played better than our top lines, so I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by moon
    Probably thinking, and rightfully so, that Braes is better than Fyten so he should play.

Also, better than Ashton, Iwanski and Orfino for that matter.

Which playoffs have you been watching? Way off on that one. Gamer is totally on the mark. However totally irrelevant tonight, I think (hope) the rust is out and they are ready to play tomorrow. Totally out hustled and outworked tonight, the win streak is done, they know what to expect now, so let's see if they learned another lesson.
    Last edited by localguy; 05-02-2008 at 10:38 PM.
    vc124

Quote Originally Posted by localguy
    Which playoffs have you been watching? Way off on that one. Gamer is totally on the mark.
    I have been watching the play-offs from the past month and half or so.

I think Fyten has been great fitting in for the injured guys. I have no problem with him being in the line-up but in my view there is no way that Braes is the 13th best forward on this team or, if healthy, the guy who should be sitting.

Also, Fyten being in or out of the line-up had zero to do with the loss tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by moon
    I have been watching the play-offs from the past month and half or so.

I think Fyten has been great fitting in for the injured guys. I have no problem with him being in the line-up but in my view there is no way that Braes is the 13th best forward on this team or, if healthy, the guy who should be sitting.

Also, Fyten being in or out of the line-up had zero to do with the loss tonight.
    Fyten has done more with his limitted ice time that Braes has done with his ice. He fits with Ashton and Orfino better, and how do you know it had zero to do with the loss? I am not saying one way or the other, but chemistry at this point is huge, if it aint broke don't fix it. Right now if you look at playoff scoring and take into considerationt the amount of ice each of the rookies has gotten, at this point in the year, he is our 13th best forward. I have watched every game this year, and this wan't the case in the regular season, but he has not stepped up his game in the playoffs, where the other young guys have.
    vc124

Who really cares about either Fyten or Braes being sat out. Unless you were watching a different game than me, that is the least of our Canes issues. To find a word for the complete and total a*s kicking that the Chiefs just laid down on a totally laxidazical Canes team is nearly impossible.

Wake up call boys!! This might sound shocking and all, but the Chiefs arent about to hand this to us. We came out looking like we just needed to show up to get the win. Horrible effort by the entire team....

And Fadden, I was hoping at this point in your career you would learn how to shoot a puck but evidently i was way wrong. Like honestly.... i know its nice to set up a nice goal and all but when your on a PK... your not gonna get two shots at any scoring chances....

I would love to find a bright spot in the debocle i witnessed tonight but its really honestly impossible. We were out chanced, worked, shot, hit, skated, and i think even their water boy was more on top of things than ours.

I still believe but da*m.... i really aint got much to grasp at right now...
    Last edited by O&C; 05-02-2008 at 11:19 PM.

dang ... this looked like our game one against Vancouver (chiefs lost 4-1 in that game) ... I'm sure tomorrow will be a better effort, and based on our round two experience I am sure you can still come back to win ... going into tonight one of the story lines was how bad our pp was, when instead, it was more a testament to how good the pk was for tri and vancouver, as compared to your teams pk effort tonight which seemed flat footed (just stood around and let us spread it out and pass it around ... not really getting into the passing lanes) ... and #9 for us, well, he is our fastest skater ... the kneeing on #17 McCrae was a stupid penalty and a cheap shot from my vantage point, and I was glad to see your skater back on the ice ... we were late getting out of the house so I watched the first half of period one on TV ... never seen a Shaw broadcast .... SOOOOOOOOO much better than the DA's we have around here, and our local cable proivder is going to pick up the feed for all of the games, which will be great since I wont have to listen to our own radio guy (dirves me NuckinFuts) ... anyway, looking forward to a better game tomorrow ... both teams seemed pretty lifeless in the 3rd period as the # of hits really died down ... if there was a bright spot I thought you did well winning some faceoffs in your D zone on the pk, and our 5-3 effort was its typical crappy self

Faloktish Guest

Default Your team needs you

I will probably get flamed for this (I usually do) but I don't care...here is my opinion.

The Canes were completely and totally embarrassed tonight by a far superior team. They were defeated in every facet of the game by a large margin...it truly was men against boys.

I will not except the "too much time off" excuse....there are no excuses in the playoffs.

This is not some Spokane team dead tired at the end of a long western road trip, playing a regular season game buried in the middle of December. No, this is a Spokane team playing in the WHL Finals after solidifying together as a unit and knocking off the defending Mem Cup champs and WHL reg season champs....they are hungry.....they are confident....they know they can win...fatigue will not be a factor.

If the Hurricanes brain trust doesn't come up with a new game plan (in a hurry), and if the players don't execute this game plan to perfection....then they might as well give the trophy to Spokane tomorrow night so they can celebrate in front of their home fans (instead of suffering the indignity of watching the visiting team hoist the trophy on Sportsplex ice for the third time).

I want to know from everyone on this thread....what do the Hurricanes have to do to A) Prevent Spokane from obliterating them in 4 straight games, B) Give themselves a legit chance at actually winning the series. How are the Hurricanes going to escape the smothering forecheck and backcheck of the Chiefs? How are they going to stop Bowman and Blackwater from scoring at will? How are they going to get the better of Tokarski? How are they even going to manage to get a shot on net in the first period of tomorrow nights game?

I know, I know....we should let the coaches do the coaching, but it's just too frustrating to sit back and watch the team get their asses handed to them on a plate!!!!!

Im sure we'll all disappointed as fans...lets hope the team responds positively tomorrow nite and find a way to overcome Spokane's strong play. I thought the Canes improved a bit each period (not that it was too difficult to improve on tonite's effort) and hopefully tomorrow nite they will come out stronger.

There are 2 coaches on the bench and 2-3 others up top, so hopefully they can find/create a successful game plan for tomorrow...luckily game 2 is less than 24 hours after this sad game and the players can forget about it quickly.

Default Wow

the chiefs are for real, but the real canes will show up saturday. GO CANES GO!!! clrkth fyten should be in and braes out. fyten, orfino, & ashton work very well together. if it aint broke don't fix it!