Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tri-City Americans Application Denied

Default Tri-City Americans Application Denied

This is hot off the WHL site...

Tri-City Americans Application Denied
    Created: Mar 31, 2005

Calgary, AB - The Western Hockey League Board of Governors announced today that they have declined the application by the Tri-City Americans to relocate the WHL Franchise to Chilliwack, British Columbia.

The Tri-City Americans WHL franchise has been based in Kennewick, Washington since the 1988-89 season.

Now that Porter is a lame duck owner, will the Ams fans support the team if they get a new owner? I would imagine you guys won't support this jerk ever again, right?
    Last edited by HAF; 04-01-2005 at 07:38 AM.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jovorock
    I would imagine you guys won't support this dickhead ever again, right?
    dickhead? Are you a moderator,Jovo?

1.5 No "Offensive" Posts, Links or Images: Please do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars. Staff will ultimately decide if something is appropriate

Phuxy Guest

Congrats. Good to hear you're staying put.

Congrats to all Americans fans! a great day for your area and all the fans, I hope this sends out a mesage to team owners that you can't just get up and leave when you see greener pastures somewere else. All small market team fans can breath a bit easier with this decision and hold on to the hope there team has more long range hope of keeping there team.

I am very happy to get atleast another year of Ams hockey. As for Porter, I really hate the thought of giving that guy a dime but I will support my team the way I always have. As far as everyone else, We arent as uneducated as people might think. I think we're all smart enough to see that this is just a temporary fix to the problem. If new owners came in that really want to make this team work there wouldnt be any problems at all. There were some posts on the other board about the sabotage that Porter has done to our team and i think there is a lot of truth to that. There is virtually no advertising or promotion done what so ever to try to bring new fans in. The reader board out front of the coliseum on Columbia center blvd(the busiest street in the Tri Cities) rarely says anything about the Ams at all. If the right owners would move in with the attitude that they really wantd to make it work here and would spend afew bucks on advertising and promotion then I think the attendance would take care of itself.
    As far as Porter and his Yahoo's are concerned... They need to sell this team because nobody will ever trust or support them in this community ever again. I hope for the sake of our team that they sell to a local buyer that is willing to bust their butt for the communitie's support and trust.

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat
    dickhead? Are you a moderator,Jovo?

1.5 No "Offensive" Posts, Links or Images: Please do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars. Staff will ultimately decide if something is appropriate
    You caught me, sorry.

Read in the WHL discussion that Ams princess said some local business owners were teaming up to try and buy the Ams. Local ownership would be great, hope it happens.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

ams fan Guest

Talking that would rock.

that alone would help with their marketing problems. and the folks that run the coliseum could be part owners and write off the lease (and then quit whining).

GoChiefsGo Guest

Default Another great year of hockey ahead...

I am so glad to see the Ams are not moving. My boyfriend and I love our roadtrip down there to see a game.
    As far as "supporting" Porter, I think for some fans it might just come down to a love of hockey. When I go too a Chief game I don't think that I'm supporting Speltz, even though I am. I go to support the kids out there playing and the sport of hockey it's self. So glad to have you guys back next year. Hockey would not be the same without this rivarly! Hope you guys don't get Pat Smith calling your game tonight! I feel bad for any team that gets that guy...

Angry I really do not know if I should have posted this here but anyways

Quote Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo
    Hope you guys don't get Pat Smith calling your game tonight! I feel bad for any team that gets that guy...
    I am really frustrated because I feel when Pat Smith called our Game #3 @ the CUC I was outraged because the Raiders were being very cheap and Playing Tackle football not HOCKEY. Other posters from P.A or posters that support P.A have said Stop blaiming the referees but somtimes they can make or break the the result of a game and I think that he broke our chances of winning game #3 and he did break our chance of getting back into the series. I guess things can not always go the way that u want them too :burningma .

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23