Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great Balls Of Blazer Fire!

Icon32

dont be to hard on Dubnyk it sounded like the whole team just gave up on the whole idea of winning, they didnt hit, they didnt get under the ICE skin so i wouldnt blame him, he was houng out to dry by the sound of the game, but hey, congrats on taking us to 6, next year you will be trouble in the BC division with so many returning players. And a HUGE congratulations to the ICE for moving on to the second round!! GO ICE GO!!!
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

No he was,nt hung out to dry tonight he just played one the worst games in along time and that took the wind out of the blazers

I can be hard on Dubnyk all I want, it was his fault the Blazers got in a hole anyway. Offensively, the Blazers just weren't there, but defensively they held their own until the third period. Numerous goals were the cause of bad goaltending. Wrist shots from fifty-five feet, five holes, bad angle shots. Everything was going wrong. Early in the game, the Ice had a break-away, their first big scoring opportunity. Luckily for Dubnyk, the player hit the side of the net. I saw that Dubnyk had overplayed the puck and right then, I knew it was going to be a long night.

You can't have your goaltender give up a few soft goals and ask your players to crawl back. It just doesn't work.