View Poll Results: Who will win this game?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rockets

6 66.67%
  • Giants

3 33.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Showdown on Renfrew, Game 6

C.F Guest

Well...this is tough to swallow. It was a night of intensity, fun, joy, tears...The Giants played their hearts out in the third period, but it just wasn't enough. In the end, the problems the Giants have had all season came crashing down on them in the past three games. Inconsistancy, defence, Schwarz. Although dissapointed, I'm proud of the boys. They showed heart that I never knew they had.

I also want to mention how much I'll miss our 20 year olds, especially Courchaine and Grant. They've been the backbone of our team from the beginning. Both played their hearts out, and they deserve better than a first round knock out. Good luck boys, i'm sure we'll here from you guys in the future.

Good luck Rockets, I'm sure you guys will go far.

Great series, too bad its over. Could have watched that kind of hockey for the rest of the playoffs.

Best of the luck the rest of the rockets, and here's to hoping your next series is as exciting and entertaining to watch as the Giants/Kelowna games have been all year.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Default It was a great series!

Thanks to all the great Vancouver fans on this board who have made this series an interesting one to talk about (not to mention watch - lol)! It could have gone either way.

Let us not forget it was only a few short years ago that this was an expansion team! Junior hockeys is alive in your town and let’s hope all of those 16,000 plus fans show up again next year. Dollar for dollar the best sport to watch for your money!
    DoubleDee

mccabe23 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDee
    Thanks to all the great Vancouver fans on this board who have made this series an interesting one to talk about (not to mention watch - lol)! It could have gone either way.

Let us not forget it was only a few short years ago that this was an expansion team! Junior hockeys is alive in your town and let’s hope all of those 16,000 plus fans show up again next year. Dollar for dollar the best sport to watch for your money!
    DoubleDee....Break out the shorts!!!!

well Giant fans, you have no reason to hang your head, your team for the first time to me showed heart and that they are turning the corner in that regards, lets not forget before Habby showed up in K-Town the Rockets have never gotten past the 1st round ever, Habby changed that as i believe Hayes will as well for you guys.

The difference in the series came down to 2 things for me, our goalie was more consistent then yours overall and conditioning. Kelowna plays a playoff style of hockey from game 1 of the regular season till the end of the playoffs and are conditioned to do so, we are relentless in pursuit of the puck and take away all time and space.Teams can usually keep up for a game or so and then a period or so the rest of the way be then wilt.Vancouver hit hard and often the 1st 2 games then slowed down IMO and we didn't.

I also think Yeomans is being labeled unfairly as a goaltender and would have to say at this point is as good as Guard was last year, he faces a lot more shots then Kelly did and has done an excellent job but as Guard didn't get no respect from his peers, neither does Derek.........but us Rcoket fans no better.The save he made in the final 45 seconds of last nights game(sliding across left to right and stopping a shot point blank from 8 feet) is testament enough to that point and proved he is clutch at crunchtime.

I have to laugh now that the Province paper picked the Giants to win the series and gave them the edge in all aspects of the game except expierence.

Truitt wasn't out coached, Hay did a better job in games 1-3 and Truitt did a better job in games 4-6.

Schwarz didn't play better than Yeomans, after watching the hugh rebounds that Merek gave out asks a question, how did he become this highly touted of a goaltender? I wonder what St. Louis is thinking?

Giants defense didn't stop a balanced scoring Rocket team, and Giants offense couldn't run and gun the Rocket defense.

Thanks to Beaner, Kassian, CF and the rest of the Giant fans for great talk back and forth. you guys are good hockey fans!
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

Kassian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jovorock
    I have to laugh now that the Province paper picked the Giants to win the series and gave them the edge in all aspects of the game except expierence.

Truitt wasn't out coached, Hay did a better job in games 1-3 and Truitt did a better job in games 4-6.

Schwarz didn't play better than Yeomans, after watching the hugh rebounds that Merek gave out asks a question, how did he become this highly touted of a goaltender? I wonder what St. Louis is thinking?

Giants defense didn't stop a balanced scoring Rocket team, and Giants offense couldn't run and gun the Rocket defense.
    I agree. When I read that I was laughing. It was like they forgot that the Giants were an underacheiving team that had a mediocre season. Not to mention they were so damn inconsistant. I found it hilarious that they were so confident the Giants would win. Like I said from the start, I picked Kelowna to win and I'm not surprised one bit that they did win. The only thing I'm surprised about is that it took 6 games. I figured 5 would do it.

Kassian I have to say and i don't say it often but respect your posts, they are intelligent, well thought and unbias.

I on the other hand thought 6 games was in order with Weber out but i wll say if he was in 5 games tops , with him in we don't blow two 3 goals leads but injuries are apart of the game, lets hope we go to London and he gets to play another this year for us.

Kassian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kevanie97
    Kassian I have to say and i don't say it often but respect your posts, they are intelligent, well thought and unbias.
    Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassian
    I found it hilarious that they were so confident the Giants would win.
    I didn't have a problem with the Province picking the Giants to win, I laughed when they said the Giants had the edge in every catagory except EXPEIRNCE!
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php