Interesting read on Drinnan's page about the 1980 cup. From someone who wasnt there, and didnt know much about the event itself aside from the Bryan Murray's Pats being involved...It was very interesting to hear what actually happened back then, and to tell the truth, Im a little surprised, especially with the comments at the end.

Was anyone who was actually there or around at the time this event transpired? I would much love to hear what they think about the illeged "thrown" game. Perhaps scoreboard perhaps has knowledge here, being the oldest guy here and all.

http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/2008/06...tory-1980.html

Its a long read, so I wont copy and paste it here. But read it before you proceed any further to avoid spoilers (unless you have read it already/know what all happened)

Wow! I feel bad for the OHL players that had to go through with that, though I know for a fact that I would have been there right with them throwing things at that scumbag Keenan. Lost alot of respect for him after reading this, and gained some for Murray for speaking his mind. At least the petes lost at the end, almost like karma.

But hey, at least they make it past the first round. Pats fans these days dont even get the opportunity to throw chickens at an OHL team.