Thread: Canucklehead Morgan !!

Iconcup Canucklehead Morgan !!

Congrats to Morgan on his selection to the Canucks. Hope you have a great training camp with them and come back with some fire in your blood. punk rock pbj vc1tt
    clrkth 3

First off great job on getting drafted. Unfortunately, if his dad wasn't the goalie coach in Vancouver and he didn't have such a difficult time this year I would have been more pleased. It is just hard to believe that Clark was the best goalie available for Vancouver to pick. It was looking like the Rebels were going to replace Clark, and they may still. Now, with the NHL development money, he comes with a bit of a dowry though which maybe makes him more valuable as trade bait to a small market club!

I think once you get down to the 7th round, any goalie that is left isn't exactly going to be a sure thing, and his name did appear on some of CSB's earlier rankings (but not their final one). While they are rolling the dice, why not take their goaltending coach's son? Could be a late bloomer though (he does still look like he is 12 years old). The Canucks might have just been looking for a goalie that is good in shootouts, as he did likely face 10 times as many breakaways of any goaltender in the WHL last season.

With Reimer's return a big question mark, and none of the Rebel goaltending prospects putting even the slightest pressure on Clark (that I have seen), I would have a hard time believing that they are looking to move him.

SectionN, I would agree with the breakaways comment. If Reim's Doesn't come back, do you think they will go with Clark and Kuemper, two 18 year olds. Neither is a proven WHLer. Kuemper is big but has no WHL experience. The WHL experience that Clark has hasn't been stellar for at least a year. With our defence not being very old next year, I would think they would want, no need, to get an epxerienced goalie to start and Kuemper or Clark will be backup. That being said, is Clark worthy of being a backup for the third straight year?
    He got drafted after playing poorly this year with a save % of .883. That doesn't sound odd to anyone else?

I think Clark is/will be a 'good' starting goaltender, but not a great goaltender. His stats last season were not at all indicative of his play, but rather the play of the team in front of him on most nights. If the defensive players are a little more responsible this season, and we have a better transition game and more puck possession, Clark won't be seeing 40-50 shots a game, as many breakaways, and he won't have to try to stop 2nd and 3rd shots on most rushes, rather than just the first one. I think he will be back, due in part to the fact that the Rebels really have nothing else available that even comes close (unless they select a Euro goalie in the import draft), and because he really was part of the solution last year, rather than part of the problem.

If Clark is the starter this year, from what I saw at the rookie camp, Kuemper will very likely be his backup. He fills up a lot of the net, and he showed enough poise and confidence to play at the WHL level. I think he will be a backup in this league, at the very least.

While Clark plays for our favorite team and we'd like to see him excel and do well, and he does come up with the big save at times, there is no doubt this was a pick based upon his dad being the goalie coach. People may say otherwise, but there were better plays available. I'm surprised Kruise Reddick of Tri City got passed up in the draft.

And as has been said, who knows if he'll even be our starter next season, it could very well be Kuemper. Or if by some miracle if he returns, Reimer.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff