Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion ...

Default Suggestion ...

Not sure how you plan on running things, but one of the things that drives me nuts on the current N54 team boards is all the crossover of fans from one team to another's board, specifically to talk trash. I'd like to see you and the moderators curtail that, and have each team forum be just about that team, and kind of for it's fans "only". Have a separate "Trash Talk" forum where all of the people that like to snipe back and forth can hang out and drive each other crazy, but leave the team forums clean of that junk. It comes down to the type of forum that you want to run, and how each teams' moderator elects to patrol things, but I think that setting it up this way from the outset will set the right tone here.

Also, can I suggest that you add a generic "Hockey Discussions" forum, where people can talk about hockey in general (systems, schemes, newbie questions) that don't really fit into a team forum, or the WHL itself.
    Real Time WHL Score Updates ... Delivered to your Cell Phone, Pager or eMail

I like that idea...especially the one about trash talk. It would be nice to see the least amount of arguing in the team forums. It would be alright if there is a decent conversation or a decent post, THEN turns into more of an arguement, that should stay in the team's forum.

Do we need a trash talk? That's what N54 is 75% of the time, I would vote to keep this a good WHL talk site IMO.

I would also keep it a WHL talk site, do we need to talk about the NHL or other leagues on this site?
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jovorock
    Do we need a trash talk? That's what N54 is 75% of the time, I would vote to keep this a good WHL talk site IMO.

I would also keep it a WHL talk site, do we need to talk about the NHL or other leagues on this site?
    No, I don't want to talk about other leagues. The "Hockey Talk" forum would be where you'd have discussions about "what is a trap?" or "are there any openings in the Seattle Adult Hockey League" .... hockey stuff, but not necessarily WHL stuff.

The trash talk, should be OUT of the team forums completely, but there's going to be people that want to do it, so why not have a trash talk area here, where all of those pinheads can have their fun, but stay out of our hair ?

I have set up a new forum in the community forums called Hockey 101. This will be the general hockey talk forum about the game itself. Thanks for the suggestion Highlander.

My vision for this site is a diverse community of fans who love the game and respect one another. Playful banter can be fun between fans of opposing teams but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, and blatant trash talk and disrespectfulness will not be tolerated. Because we are going to try and keep a higher profile on this site and build it into the best it can be, at this time I won't specifically be adding a trash talk forum.

Thumbs down

Unfortunately, you will be getting the bums and hecklers, the idiots and the retards, along with the sportsfans.

Those that can talk about their team, and other teams, without it become a personal, and those that can only do so by flaming and being rude.

Those that can abide by rules, and those that rules are meant to be broken and abused.

The idea of having a TRASH TALK forum is not a good one. For once people think they can do that on a forum (and get away with it), they will trash talk everywhere on the forum.

So long as the moderators are extra dilligent about keeping that junk out of the team forums, fine by me

Quote Originally Posted by The Highlander
    So long as the moderators are extra dilligent about keeping that junk out of the team forums, fine by me
    We will do our best

there are alot of message boards out there with no trash talking. With good rules and moderating it is possible to keep a place peaceful so the majority can enjoy!

I like the hocky 101 already, i will be a regular on that thread for sure

C.F Guest

I don't see any problem with fans talking about other teams as long as it's clean. I do agree about the trash talk forum.