Thread: early predictions time

Default early predictions time

Things looks positive for the team this year in my opinion after talking to the coaches.
    Any other opinions ? What do you thing beer buyer buddy?

predictions , well mine not a very good year ahead in the jaw. with the rink battles and some disgruntled people that in turn could hurt the team at the gates. i also believe that we will be young and thats a start in the right direction .

big question mark is goaltender, i would say its todd matthews job to lose , from his play last season one would think he could turn into a decent goalie. he looked better then 5 year man joey perricone at times. barring a trade to add a older goalie , its todd's job to lose. who will back up , is totally up in the air but my guess is brandon glover the bc native who suited up a couple of games for the tribe.

defense , losses of wishart, ellerby are huge. some major ice time will now go to stanton, hamonic(who i expect to excel to the next level this year) suer the success of this team lays on their shoulders. a couple of guys who will need to step up and play at another level then they did last year are ty ariss, kevin smith, and youngster tyler miller, and paul bonar.

so looking at the backend we are not the most skilled or strike fear in alot of teams, but good team work and phyiscal play as well as summer workouts. this team will need to contribute hard in our own end to win games..

up front i like our youth movement, howden the 1st pick overall in 2007 will be expected to play up to the hype. he excelled well at migdet AAA in manitoba after a slow start to his season. another young players fans will be expecting alot from will be nathan macmaster and riley reinbolt. the veterns are lead by joel broda and jason bast, could make for a lethal one two punch but after that the team gets thin in depth. knackstedt, and holzapfel are not expected back and guys like tomas karpov, riley grantham, neal prokop, and giffen nyren will be asked to step up offensively.

this is just my take on things and who knows going into camp what will happen or any trades that will happen. i believe we are in a tough division with brandon, regina, and swift looking at 1,2,3 in the standings and saskatoon making a big push as well. me personaly do not see us in the top4 in the division but hard team work and playing the game right could prove me wrong...

Default I see things differently

I'm betting on Knackstedt coming back , and seeing early trades for a goalie plus a defenseman.
    Loosing Elerby is a plus. vci11 just my thoughts , because I held my breath whenever he touched the puck.
    I can't see the Pat's ahead of the Warriors by much , with the Pats new Midget Coach who has never coached or dealt with 19 and 20 year old men before . I could see issues in not only learning new systems ,
    but also the other important areas I won't get in to. :skeptical

I know for a fact the players could care less about the idiots who are wasteing money on fighting the Multiplex issue . They will be shut down by a judge within weeks.
    Then on with the show, as Bugs Bunny would say.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by agent
    I can't see the Pat's ahead of the Warriors by much , with the Pats new Midget Coach who has never coached or dealt with 19 and 20 year old men before . I could see issues in not only learning new systems ,
    but also the other important areas I won't get in to. :skeptical

In my mind it would be easier to coach 19 & 20 year olds then it would be with young immature 15 & 16 year olds in midget... just my guess though.

Default It was my guess to.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114
    In my mind it would be easier to coach 19 & 20 year olds then it would be with young immature 15 & 16 year olds in midget... just my guess though.
    Until I lived through it. 3 times , and it won't change.
    Try and tell a 20 year old who knows its his last year playing hockey that he can't go out at night after 10pm. LOL .
    Or even better , that he can't have his girl friend over to watch a movie. They just stop playing for a week or 2 just to make a point.
    I already know what's going to happen. slip me an email for a prediction to see if I'm right . I don't want to post it. vci34