Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Leth's Mitch Fadden for ???

Default Leth's Mitch Fadden for ???

What would you other fans of different teams offer the Canes for Mitch Fadden? Assuming of course he returns to the WHL as an overage. I am biased so I doubt I could predict what would be fair and realistic. There's a couple D-men I like (on Seattle and Moose Jaw) who are at the World Junior Camp...

Would anyone think it'd be fair to offer Fadden for a (17-18-19 yr old) top 4 D-man? How about if Dwight King was added as well? I bring him up because I rarely hear the GM speak highly of him. Myself, I'd keep him for sure but I'm not the GM.

The Canes look to be strong in net and up front, the only weakness being on defense, where they lost Jeff May and Jesse Craige, and perhaps 1-2 more due to the overage situation. There are several strong young D-men coming up but one more veteran would be a great asset for this upcoming season.

So who has the best and most realistic trade scenario dancing pi

Mitch Fadden and Dwight King for...???

Thanks

I would think the Hurricanes would want to shore up their goalie situation. Maniago will not play in Lethbridge as a backup as a 20 year old and Metsula will likely only be one more year in Lethbridge being 19 and a European. Do they have a solid back up for Metsula on their list? Metsula has only played one year and the hurricanes may need someone they can fall back on. Not sure if he has been good or been lucky. They need a solid 17 or 18 year old to take them past this year. I am like others on these posts of not being sold on whether Metsula is the guy.

Anyone who would be looking to acquire Fadden would more than likely be a contending team, and would be looking to unload a couple of good prospects/picks for Fadden, rather than a key piece of their team (like one of their top defensemen). They would probably be better off to hang on to him until around the trade deadline, if they are going to trade him.

If lethbridge is looking for more D (which I think is fine already, since it leaves room for someone to step up), Vancouver would be ideal trading partners. They have an excess of D but little to brag about upfront even if CPZ actually comes back as a 20.

Blum is probably untouchable, and Regner is perhaps a little too pricey but perhaps the canes could go for Schira. He is an good all around guy that would fit into the canes style of play and is pretty good defensively. He has yet to break out offensively but he has shown flashes of skill. He would basically be an big upgrade from Versteeg in that 20 year old spot.

I could see Vancouver trading Schira + a mid pick for Fadden, and that would be a win-win trade....but this is all assuming that Fadden even comes back to the dub, which I dont think will happen since he is one of Tampas better forward prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter
    Anyone who would be looking to acquire Fadden would more than likely be a contending team, and would be looking to unload a couple of good prospects/picks for Fadden, rather than a key piece of their team (like one of their top defensemen). They would probably be better off to hang on to him until around the trade deadline, if they are going to trade him.
    I could be wrong but I think that Stasiuk went on record saying that if Fadden comes back that he would be traded to a different team. Perhaps something attitude related.

I swear I remember hearing him say that, but like I said it could be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk
    If lethbridge is looking for more D (which I think is fine already, since it leaves room for someone to step up), Vancouver would be ideal trading partners. They have an excess of D but little to brag about upfront even if CPZ actually comes back as a 20.

Blum is probably untouchable, and Regner is perhaps a little too pricey but perhaps the canes could go for Schira. He is an good all around guy that would fit into the canes style of play and is pretty good defensively. He has yet to break out offensively but he has shown flashes of skill. He would basically be an big upgrade from Versteeg in that 20 year old spot.

I could see Vancouver trading Schira + a mid pick for Fadden, and that would be a win-win trade....but this is all assuming that Fadden even comes back to the dub, which I dont think will happen since he is one of Tampas better forward prospects.

I could be wrong but I think that Stasiuk went on record saying that if Fadden comes back that he would be traded to a different team. Perhaps something attitude related.

I swear I remember hearing him say that, but like I said it could be a mistake.
    Stasiuk did say that. As far as Fadden coming back I would have said no a few months ago but with Tampa signing multiple forwards I would say the depth in the organization may prevent Fadden from turning pro. I would comment on the attitude evalution but it wouldn't be responsible since I have no first hand knowledge of the situation.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus
    Stasiuk did say that. As far as Fadden coming back I would have said no a few months ago but with Tampa signing multiple forwards I would say the depth in the organization may prevent Fadden from turning pro. I would comment on the attitude evalution but it wouldn't be responsible since I have no first hand knowledge of the situation.
    I have no first hand info and am a Fadden fan, but it must be attitude issues. Rumors of this have dogged him his whole career. One thing was a T.V. interview with him during the Dub final. I don't remember the question but the answer was without hesitation and very blunt. "I don't want to be here next year".
    It has to be attitude because if we are going for it all this year, you don't dump your best offensive center. You go get guys with his talent.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default Attitude

Not sure it is an attitude thing at all. My thoughts are like all good hockey players one wants to play at the highest level possible to pursue your NHL dream. Could it simply be a case of Fadden wanting to play in the AHL at the least rather then returning to junior. Anyone know how he did at the Tampa Bay rookie camp in Victoria earlier ? I have seen nothing either positive or negative about how he was. Also have not heard of any of the NHL main camp rosters coming out yet either. To me that will be the proof of the pudding , if he gets the invite I expect at the least he will be with either the ECHL or AHL farm teams for Tampa. No invite , then he is back to junior and a trade will take place. I still think it will be for a 1st round in 2009 and may be a listed player not a current 19 or 20 year old d-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Torro
    I would think the Hurricanes would want to shore up their goalie situation. Maniago will not play in Lethbridge as a backup as a 20 year old and Metsula will likely only be one more year in Lethbridge being 19 and a European. Do they have a solid back up for Metsula on their list? Metsula has only played one year and the hurricanes may need someone they can fall back on. Not sure if he has been good or been lucky. They need a solid 17 or 18 year old to take them past this year. I am like others on these posts of not being sold on whether Metsula is the guy.
    If you need a backup for Metsola, I have a suggestion.
    They say you aren't a coach in this league until you've been fired. I must be getting pretty good.
    -Terry Simpson, former Winnipeg Jets head coach

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy
    If you need a backup for Metsola, I have a suggestion.
    And that is..................??????

Quote Originally Posted by grainbear
    Not sure it is an attitude thing at all. My thoughts are like all good hockey players one wants to play at the highest level possible to pursue your NHL dream. Could it simply be a case of Fadden wanting to play in the AHL at the least rather then returning to junior. Anyone know how he did at the Tampa Bay rookie camp in Victoria earlier ? I have seen nothing either positive or negative about how he was. Also have not heard of any of the NHL main camp rosters coming out yet either. To me that will be the proof of the pudding , if he gets the invite I expect at the least he will be with either the ECHL or AHL farm teams for Tampa. No invite , then he is back to junior and a trade will take place. I still think it will be for a 1st round in 2009 and may be a listed player not a current 19 or 20 year old d-man.
    I don't think anyone will give up a first rounder for any 20 year old. I would bet we could do a straight swap. Fadden to a team with poor offence and lot's of defence for thier top 20 yr old D-man. Does anyone know if your team fits that mold and who would be the D-man?